Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reedo415 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Pruning Skyrocket Junipers - How?
    I planted 2 Skyrocket Junipers up against the front of my home 2 years ago, in a rather confined area, and I have not pruned them yet.

I desperately need to prune them now so that they will stay more narrow and not spread out in width like they are doing. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to prune them correctly? I think they will have a lot of bare cut branch ends and will look strange, but maybe they'll fill in. I look forward to some suggestions.

Thanks!
    redhouse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 09:26 AM

You will need a hedge trimmer to do the job. You should prune it twice per year, end of June and mid September. This will control the width of the junipers and keep it lush, as opposed to bare spots= the result of infrequent pruning... good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pruning bushes [ 2 Answers ]

I have six bushes of Texas purple sage. They are on each end of my house in the flower beds. They have gotten too big and I need to know if I can cut them back like a lot? The leaves on the bottoms have gotton very sparse. Would appreciate any feed back. Thanks

Crown pruning a birch tree? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a large (50-60 foot) birch tree on the southeast corner of my lot. It origionally had three trunks. I cut off the smallest (10" in diameter) last year as it grew out horizontally from the ground and was starting to block the dirveway. Now I have a 16" trunk and a 24" trunk that start...

Crawling Junipers/ Turning BROWN! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I live in northwestern PA. and have problems with my Creeping Junipers turning brown in my landscaping in front of my house. I have trimmed the brown back, fertilized and everything. This has been going on now for 2 years and I have evn had to replace a couple that died totally this year. What...

View more questions Search