Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jestucky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Matching A/C units
    Do I have to match the outside unite with the inside unite? I have a Rudd sys. Right now the heat pump outside is gone out. Do I have to replace with the same brand or can I go with an other brand? I'm in Dallas/Ft. Worth Tx.
    Do I need to go back with Heat pump or can I just go back with a a/c unite?
    Is Arcoarie a good brand of unite to go with? The heat pump is $700.00 more to put in. Is it worth the extra money to put the heat pump back in?

Thank you
    Jon
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2006, 03:59 PM
    You don't need to go with the same brand at all. For Dallas/Ft. Worth weather you should definitely go the heat pump... although $700 extra for a heat pump is very high.

Arcoaire is fine, but I'd get another estimate or two.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Mar 25, 2006, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jestucky
    Do I have to match the outside unite with the inside unite? I have a Rudd sys. right now the heat pump outside is gone out. Do I have to replace with the same brand or can I go with an other brand? I'm in Dallas/Ft. Worth Tx.
    Do I need to go back with Heat pump or can I just go back with a a/c unite?
    Is Arcoarie a good brand of unite to go with? The heat pump is $700.00 more to put in. Is it worth the extra money to put the heat pump back in?

Thank you
    Jon
    If you system have a furnace,then you don't need the heat pump( heat pump is for heating)
    ... try to match the condenser unit with the fan coil unit
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2006, 04:54 PM
    In your climate a heat pump will save you money in the long run. It works hand in hand with your furnace.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2006, 09:02 PM
    How much heating do you do, little if any? A heat pump doesn't match an A/C in cooling efficiency. If you do very little heating, the difference between a heat pump for heating and electrical resistance heating may be less than the difference between the heat pump and an A/C. What you lose on heating, maybe less than the gain on cooling.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2006, 05:24 AM
    Dallas - Fort Worth Temperature:
    Jan 43
    Feb 48
    Mar 57
    Apr 66
    May 73
    June 81
    July 85
    Aug 85
    Sep 77
    Oct 67
    Nov 47
    Dec 65

If you plan on staying in the home for at least several more years, the heat pump will save you money.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 28, 2006, 08:20 PM
    Manufactures are recommending that the inside coil as well as the outside unit be replaced. The higher efficiency of the new units is causing a big change in the HVAC market. You will never be able to get the correct superheat or subcooling without a matching coil.

There could also be warranty issues if the compressor goes out and the incorrect indoor coil is being used. Just talked to Carrier today about this.
    Donald K Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2006, 08:58 AM
    Most of the mfgs now are requiring if you have a claim for a bad compressor under warranty and the compressor is 13 Seer or higher, they will ask for the indoor coil and serial number of the air handler or coil. If the 13 seer was put on an old air handler or coil they very likely will deny the claim.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing blower motor - matching new to old? [ 2 Answers ]

I just pulled out my old blower motor and am going to replace it. Do I have to match all the specs, i.e. must my new motor be 115v, 1phase, 1050rpm, 1/3hp, 9.9amps, 60hz. Can I/should I choose a motor with greater rpms or greater hp? Thanks for the help, Alex Ps - I decided to replace...

Matching Coil - Trane XR-13 [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone give me a ballpark figure on the price of a matching coil for a new Trane XR-13 A/C?

Matching wires on new honeywell thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My old thermostat was janitrol HPT 18-60 and wires were: Y (yellow) G (orange) R (Red) O (orange) W2 (white) E (Black) C (Blue) I just bought a Honeywell #RTH6300B. Their wires are: G,W,Y, R,RC. How can I match them up? Do I need the "O" on the old one? We are only getting hot air now by...

Water pump/pressuretank matching [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to find out if I made a mistake. I have a 85 gal. tank hooked to a 1/2 hp pump. Cycle time is over 7 minutes before pump comes on and five minutes before pump shuts off.

View more questions Search