Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tony1964 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2008, 03:45 AM
    Copy DVD Moves to laptop hard drive from a DVD Cd
    Hi Guys, need your help again on this one, how can I copy DVD Movies unto to my laptop hard drive from a DVD Cd, and cut the files down from GB to MB, normaly if you download a movie from the internet the files would be between 700 MB to 1000 depending on the movies, how can copy and cut the files to MB

Thank you
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 06:30 AM
    You'll need a software tool called a Video Converter, like:
    Xilisoft Video Converter: Convert AVI MPEG video, MKV, WMV to MPEG converter, Convert AVI files to iPod

Some DVD ripping software has some of this capability already built in:
    Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum 5: DVD rip software, rip DVD perfectly

Google search on those terms and you'll find many options, go with one that fits into your budget.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2008, 06:37 AM
    All you really need is DVDShrink and it's free: DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15 (freeware)
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    All you really need is DVDShrink and it's free: DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15 (freeware)
    You've used this software to shrink a DVD down to a small viewable movie file on your computer? I've read through the docs and can't find anything saying it does that, it shrinks big movies down to fit on a single DVD, but that's still 4.7gigs.

This gentleman is looking for a program to create video files of a DVD less than 1 gigabyte total that are then viewed from the hard drive.

Are you sure that program does this?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Ah, good point, the small file size. Perhaps he should have a look at this:
    How to Rip a DVD to an AVI or MPG File Using DVDx - wikiHow
    chairgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 12:02 AM
    With DVD Cloner,It copy the DVD to dvd, burn movies to DVD-R/RW and DVD + R / RW,rip one DVD9 into two DVD5,or compress one DVD9 into one DVD5 ,or compress a DVD9 into a DVD5 format.free download EZTOO DVD Cloner - DVD Copy, DVD Cloner, DVD Clone software.
    Step by step guidance
    lidonsmith Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 09:20 PM
    You can use Magic DVD ripper to rip and resize the videoMagic DVD Ripper download
    stevejohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 08:30 PM
    You can try leawo dvd copy, I tried this program before, it can copy dvd with high quality

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Copy copyprotected VHS tapes to hard drive? [ 2 Answers ]

I just brought a new desktop with vista (32-bit verison) and a AverMedia Tuner card. Using media center I can copy vhs tapes to file. My problem is that I can't copy copy protected vhs tapes using media center. So, I just want to know is there a programe that will at lease let me capture or view...

Dell Laptop Latitude (Primary Hard Drive 0 Not Found) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I am new at this Ask Me Help Desk! My friend Suzy said I should try this. OK I got this comp. from a friend of mine & it was working fine for about 6MO. Then I turned it on one day and this came up. (Primary hard disk drive 0 not found No bootable device(s) selected strike F1 to retry boot,...

Copy audio cd to hard drive [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone please advise. I am trying to copy an audio cd to my PC but as a wav or audio file. I don't want to save it as an mp3 as this compresses the file and would affect quality. Basically I want to put audio music on my computer and retrieve it with the same, high quality.:confused:

Laptop hard drive switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a laptop ibm thinkpad t21 the mother board is gone, operating system is win 2000 pro. I also have an ibm a20m with win98se. This laptop works fine but has a small hard drive. Can I swap the t21 hard drive into the a20m machine?

Laptop hard drive swap? [ 3 Answers ]

My Aunt gave me her old laptop, which works well, but the top will not stay up. It makes it almost impossible to use. My mother bought a used laptop, which is beautiful, but the hard drive is crashing, and so it's almost completely unusable. I was wondering if it would be possible to swap out...

View more questions Search