Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chester Polarbe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Judaism and open marriage
    I understand that Puritan sex stigmas are not Jewish. For that matter, they're not Christian either. Jewish people are well known for their liberal attitudes towards sex. Liberated Christians tells us that that the Seventh Commandment supports responsible non-monogamous marriages because the wife is not considered to be property.Biblical Discussion of Adultery Is there a school of thought within Judaism that says the Seventh Commandment permits open relationships for Jewish people as well?
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Jul 4, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Nope. Marriage is monogamous, exclusive and closed for both parties. A thousand years ago, a man was allowed to have more than one wife, and in certain Eastern jewish communities, this practice continued amongst small groups into the early 20th century, but that has basically disappeared. A marriage is a sacred and religious bond which makes the spouses off limits to others.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Have no idea where you got the idea that Jewish people are liberal?
    There are a few liberal groups within their faith as thiere are liberal christians and the such.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 5, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Have no idea where you got the idea that Jewish people are liberal ??
    There are a few liberal groups within thier faith as thiere are liberal christians and the such.

Liberal enough to be free of bigotry, seek justice, and do mitzvot. But not liberal in the sense of having orgies and committing adultery.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 05:32 AM
    What I think happens is that many people reason and justify having many wives by saying in the Bible (O.T.) they had several wives and the Bible is of G-d therefore it must be of G-d
    Because they do not know how to rightly interpret the Bible, in fact don't even know the Bible and twist the meaning to their convenience.
    Sort of like when people say quotes and think they are quoting the Bible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Islam and Judaism [ 60 Answers ]

Peace and love to everyone I want to understand the difference between Islam and Judaism, there roots between the children of Abraham, who is the founder of all 3 faiths (Judaism, Chriostianity and Islam) to one God Almighty, and the Ka'Baa.. Can someone explain what Isaac and Jacob have to...

Reform Judaism [ 22 Answers ]

I wish to convert to Judaism, but my greatest fear is circumcision. I did a little bit of reseach, and I found out that Judaism has a branch called "reform Judaism", but I also read that it is not accepted by the more conservative Jews. Should I convert or remain religionless but uncut? It is my...

Converstion to Judaism [ 5 Answers ]

How long does the conversion process to judaism taken by a reformed rabbi take?

Assignment on Judaism [ 2 Answers ]

I do not know if I submitted the question that I asked properly, so I will resubmitted it. The question is that I need information about the History of Key Sacred Texts? This is an assignment to create a PowerPoint Presentation geared towards a younger person (9-14) about Judaism. There is more if...

Judaism [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find information concerning the History of Key Sacred Texts of Judaism?and how would I teach this information to a younger person between the ages of 9-14?

View more questions Search