Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    expo73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Pre-employment background check
    Will A Felony Arrest/charge Show Up On A Pre-employment Background Check ? I Live In The State Of Georgia And Do Not Know What Most Background Checks Show. I Gave A Co-worker A Ride Home Little Did I Know She Had More On Her Person Than Just Her Purse. Thanks For Your Answers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 06:34 PM
    If you plead guilty or if you were found guilty, then yes it will show up, If you are still charged but have not been to court yet, it will not show up in the report they do from the state

So if they are using the regular police depatment for their background search, no just an arrest if not convicted, it does not show up. ( in georgia) but now there are 100's of private background companies, that get their info from other sourses, and it may show up.

The issueis, if the application says were you ever convicted, if you are not convicted yet, you say no, and don't have to say anything about the arrest if you are not asked were you ever arrested.
    crystal210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 07:54 AM
    I had deferred adjudication misdemeanor be theft I completed it will it show up if I applied anywhere that did a background check?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background Check? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I have a theft charge. I got defered ajudification if that's how you spell it well that means I never get convicted charged and it will only say pending for a year then dismissed for two years then completely gone after 3 years. But I Want a job and I am not sure what will come up when they...

Employment background check [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested in 2006, placed on deferred adjudication, I want to know if will show up when I apply for a job? I am now off probation and it was for theft under $500

Employment background checks, shoplifting 10 yrs ago [ 3 Answers ]

I was arrested for shoplifting over 10 years ago... does anyone know how long this stays on record (calif)? I'm trying to find employment but worried this may still be haunting me.

Background Check - new employment [ 1 Answers ]

I am a finalist in an interview process for a local municipality for a professional finance position. I have a guilty plea for two DUI's on my record. The DUI was unrelated to my professional life. I am following all the court appointed stipulations and staying within my probation terms. I have...

Background search for employment [ 1 Answers ]

I was arrested in college for a misdemeanor, my lawyer suggested I apply for an ARD that way my record would be clean after a short probation period. Now 3 years later the state of Pennsylvania indicates that I do not have a criminal record but when I applied for a job the potential employer said...

View more questions Search