Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdavy_p Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Do I need to buy a different switch?
    I just bought a new shop light from Wally-World (aka The Devil) and I would like to mount it on the bottom of one of my garage cabinets, so that it's hanging just above my workbench. I would also like to wire in a switch so I don't have to plug it in when I need it and then unplug it when I'm done. I have a switch that I could use, but I'm not sure if it is the correct size.

Light - 120V~60Hz 70W 800mA

Switch (has 3 ratings) -
    10A 250V AC
    15A 125V AC
    15A 12V DC

Will this switch work or do I need to buy a different one?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Yes 70/120 is < 15 A and the switch is AC rated.
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Jul 3, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Big,

Your avatar. What is it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change Pilot Light Switch with a Single-way Switch [ 1 Answers ]

It's worth noted that I am a complete novice, so please be patient with me. I want to replace an existing pilot light switch with a single-way lighted switch. The existing setup has four terminals (red wire, black wire, white wire, and ground wire). The red wire goes to the left, the black wire...

HEAT-OFF-COOL system switch - AUTO-ON fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

From an Email: ''Dear asklabman, I am a first time house ownere & having an issue with my Honeywell T8112 Programmable Thermostat. Thermostat has two switches for the fan - AUTO FAN & FAN ON switches and three switches for thes system, COOL, HEAT & System OFF modes. Yesterday we turned ON...

HEAT-OFF-COOL system switch - AUTO-ON fan switch. [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Gurus, I am a new house owner & not used to thermostats. We have Honeywell 8112D thermostat. We recently turned ON our Fan switch (in the thermostat). Now the fan is not turning off. It is continuously running even when the system is in OFF & Fan is in AUTO mode. We tried reducing the...

Wiring ceiling fan switch and light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I had to replace the flywheel on my Hunter ceiling fan and I had to remove the light kit that was attached. After I installed the flywheel, I forgot to mark the wires for re-connection. This is an older model fan. There are five wires coming from the fan motor--brown, blue, white, black and...

Converting pull switch lights to wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've been struggling finding the answer to this in books and online, it seems as if it should be an easy question and something that gets done all the time. Looking for some help. My basement has several rooms and all lights are wired "hot" with pull switches from each light receptacle. When the...

View more questions Search