Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jul 3, 2008, 10:16 AM
    What Can I do?
    Hi I am a singer and rapper / songwriter and I also just started modeling. I have made quite a few songs... written a ton of lyrics already, I was recording at a friend of mines and recently got signed to a local label and am doing shows and working on my debut album and mixtapes and so forth. I have a fiancée and we have been together for about 5 years and we have a 2 year old daughter. I started my music way before I met him and told him when we first got together that music is my dream and my life and he has to accept that. My very first producer (who happened to really like me) told me to never mix business with pleasure. Very true and I stand by that. And before I tell you my problem I want to let you know that I have always had low self esteem and I am not at all conceited. But I have been doing quite a few collaborations with local artists and artists from other states no big deal. But my problem is that there is at least 4 guys I am working on tracks with locally and they ALL like me. They tell me how pretty I am and how they want to steal me away from my man. Now they all heard my music prior to meeting me or knowing what I looked like so I am not concerned that they only wanted me because of how I look... they wanted me to collab with them because of my talent. I really want to work on these projects I just want to know what I can tell them in a nice way to kind of lay off you know and just work on the music with me. That is all I plan to do. I love my fiancée and he is like me a jealous person so I don't want him to find out they like me because then he wouldn't want me working with them. I don't want them to get the wrong idea and call off the projects. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place! What can I do?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2008, 10:36 AM
    In your situation I would say ask yourself some questions like
    What groups will stay closest to home the most so you can be home and not upset your fiancée? What guys are the most understanding and respect that you are not interested?

Tell them you do not mix business with pleasure your pleasure is with your boyfriend.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 04:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Tell them you do not mix business with pleasure your pleasure is with your boyfriend.
    I especially like the one above!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search