Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldwestgrill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Disability pension
    I became disabled in !990. However to draw a pension from the Teamster Union, you must first be able to draw S.S. disability. That took me seven years to be approved. The union only paid one year backpay even though it was ruled that I had been disabled since 1990. I was awarded S.S. payments for the seven years that I had to wait. I called the Union today and one man told me that I should have gotten payments from the union for seven years also. How can I get this instead of being out a lot of legal fees as we are a tight budget. Is it true that they owe me? Thank you for your help
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Welcome to AMHD. If I am reading correctly, you have waited eleven years to try to find out whether you should have been paid under your union pension from 1990 - to 1997? You need to review the plan that was in effect in 1990, when you became disabled. You may even have a copy; what does it say?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I file for s.s. Disability when I have private long-term disability insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

I will shortly begin collecting private long-term diability insurance to the tune of 60% of my former salary. Can I still apply for social security disability? If I do, would either or both of these be decreased?

Her pension vs no pension [ 1 Answers ]

My friends is getting divorced and being sued for infidelity. His wife has a great teachers pension. What percent do you think he may be entitled to. The point is they have 2 houses and land, but she is the bread winner. He wants to keep the primary home. They live in NY. I doubt the charge...

Teacher retirement disability and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified for both teacher retirement disability and social security disability. I saw the quote (below) but I'm uncertain how or if it also applies to me. "If the disability comes from Social Security, it is tax free. If it comes from your employer, it IS taxable." Also, my son...

Debt & Pension [ 2 Answers ]

Credit Card debt was accrued on account(s) I did not use, but was a co-signer on :( . There are circumstances I'm looking into re: my liability, but here's my question in the meantime: Worst case scenario, there could be a judgement against me. My sole income is SSI & a pension; Can the courts...

View more questions Search