Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    civictec98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 12:13 PM
    How do I chang the transmission range sensor on a 98 ford windstar 3.0 L
    How do I chang the transmission range sensor on a 98 ford windstar 3.0 L
    WallyJS Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 09:42 PM
    On the driver side of the vehicle the range sensor is located on top of the transmission near the fire wall below the brake booster. Set the parking brake then remove the shift linkage nut. The switch is held on with two bolts. Remove these bolts and the switch will pull right off. When installing the new switch the transmission needs to be in neutral and the alignment marks on the switch lined up then tighten the bolts and re-install the shift linkage. Try to start the vehicle in both Park and neutral to be sure it is adjusted. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace transmission range sensor [ 3 Answers ]

How do I replace the transmission range sensor in a ford windstar 2000

Transmission range sensor/ netural switch [ 1 Answers ]

Are the transmission range sensor and the netural switch the same? Thanks Doug

Transmission range switch vs position sensor [ 2 Answers ]

1998 Honda CR-V Check engine light came on. Honda troubleshot it saying it needed the transmission range switch replaced. After work done, invoice showed that the position sensor was replaced (part # 28900-P4T-003). Are these two parts one in the same? Thank you for your help.

'99 Ford Windstar Transmission Problems [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Here's our situation: Our car is fine after the 20 mph mark if we're on a level road - it's great on the freeway. Below 20 mph, we have a hard time making turns, especially left turns. The only way to get going after stopping at an intersection is by putting the car in D2. If we're...

2000 Ford Windstar Van [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar van that will not start, I have tried jump starting it and it will still not start, it is dead. Could it be that the battery is dead?

View more questions Search