Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fia Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Am confuesd...
    Hi..
    Want to sayis that I get nervous so badly I put all the things upside down.. nget upset... dont know why it is please help tell me something... that help me to get confident.. in what I do... :confused:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2006, 08:53 AM
    Hi, fia,
    You can start gaining cconfidence by doing it right.
    For example, when you type up a guestion next time, try using whole words, use sentences, and don't use abbreviations.
    Something like this:
    "I get nervous so badly. I get upset easily. I don't know why this happens to me. Please tell me something to do so I can become more confident".
    See how much better that looks?
    You can gain confidence by learning what to do, then doing it. Being afraid is normal for a lot of people. The more you do something, the more you become "not afraid" of it.
    I do wish you the best of luck, and hang in there.
    *Judith* Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Fia I am no expert but it is not uncommon to feel incredibly nervous about things, but every situation is different... when do you feel nervous? What do you tend to be doing? Once you have considered what makes you nervous you can begin to think of strategies in order to deal with it.. for example I used to get unbelievably stressed and nervous about giving presentations and public speaking in general.. but I practiced it like fredg suggests you do as well as concentrating on my breathing and I think I'm getting better! Also, try and think positive things about yourself like on a daily basis, it sounds stupid but trust me it works, e.g. look in a mirror and tell yourself that you're beautiful and confident and try to disregard any negative things that people may say!
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Mar 26, 2006, 05:16 PM
    Judith, you suddenly sound so much more learned and mature than you did when you were posting about your 21 year old boyfriend! Congratulations...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search