Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xHunnyx Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Are my goldfish's in shock?
    Hello,
    My cat recently bought home 2 goldfishes and left them in the garden I am not sure where they were from but most probably a neighbours pond... I managed to get them in water and they seemed to be swimming around fine and didn't look hurt in any way. I left the in a fish tank I had over night and fed them with goldfish food in the morning and they still haven't eaten in 2 days. Why is this? And are they OK in normal tap water or do I need to put something in it?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Goldfish like cold water, and there are drops you can buy for the water, Walmart has them. I have a goldfish that's 4 years old, they are pretty hardy fish, but I would look into getting those drops.

Good luck.
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 2, 2008, 09:02 AM
    They need the right temp and ph level too... there are test strips you can get for that.And I assume the fish tank has some sort of device to aerate the water, right (like a bubble maker)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What other options other than shock probation? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced to 6 years for his 3rd dui.but had been in aa meetings and pre-trial with probation while on the scram program for almost 2 years but was still denied probation what other than shock probation can he eligible for to get out quicker I'm a single mom without a job and I need...

Electrical shock [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a new roof & vinyl siding put on my home. The guys doing it got shocked while on the aluminum ladder which was leaning on the gutter. Got any ideas why?

Sugar shock [ 2 Answers ]

I have a long coat chihuahua named Louie. He is just 10 weeks old an such a sweetheart. But he has a problem with low blood sugar. I took him to the vet because he had suddenly become sick overnight. He was perfecty fine and playful before bed and in the morning he could not lift his head. The...

View more questions Search