Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dalecaudio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Attaching sound (song) to a email in Outlook 2007
    I have Outlook 2007, with Offic pro +. How do I attach a song to an email, and have it play when the email is opened by the person receiving it? I don't want to send as an attachment that needs to be doubled clicked (opened). I need it to automatically start when the email is opened...

Thanks, dalecaudio
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 2, 2008, 07:48 AM
    If I received an e-mail that automatically played a sound when I opened it, I would immediately close it and get PO'ed at the sender.

Just include a link so the recipient can choose when or if they want to hear the sound.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 08:19 AM
    I agree with Scott. People REALLY should get the option to decide what they want to see/hear for themselves.

Having said that, you can most easily play a sound in an email if the email is sent in HTML format and the sound is embedded. Just like the graphics in an HTML email have to be on the internet somewhere so they will show in the email (like a web page), the sound file would need to be out there, too.

This is how I would approach the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook 2003 closes unexpected when attaching files [ 1 Answers ]

Outlook 2003 closes unexpected when attaching files or writing emails HELP

Outlook 2007 won't open attachments [ 4 Answers ]

I work in an I.T. department and one of our users has recently installed Outlook 2007. Whenever he gets an attachment such as a Word document, when he clicks on it to open it, it opens Word, but there is no document. It's just a gray screen. Anyone know why it is doing this? It will open in his...

Resizing Photos for attaching to email. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, XP Pro user, fully uptodate, although still using IE6. Until today I have been able to select jpg photos, right click on them and select "Send To" "Mail Recipient". At that stage a small box appears giving me the opportunity to resize my photos before attaching to an email, for ease of...

Attaching your webdomain email to your outlook [ 1 Answers ]

I am using gnhosting.co.uk as a hosting company and am trying to set up my outlook so I can read my emails in outlook rather than webmail. Can this be done.

Printing in Outlook 2007 [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I hope many of you will be using Outlook 2007. What I have noticed that there is no option to print a set number of pages in it. For example I am communicating with someone on a particular subject and there are replies and replies which makes the mail 4-5 pages. There is no option to...

View more questions Search