Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zix Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2006, 06:13 AM
    What are the best graphic image editors
    What are the best photo/graphic picture/image editors?

Are they Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro?

Separately, what are the best FREE photo/graphic picture/image editors?

I sometimes need to edit pictures, or scans, or images and MS Paint is entirely insufficient.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2006, 06:15 AM
    I think most would say Photoshop over PSP.

I don't know of a good freebie, but for $75 I think PhotoshopElements can't be beat.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2006, 06:17 AM
    This gives me a chance to plug my absolute favorite FREE image editor - XnView. Get it here.

Lightweight and full of features. I actually use more than Photoshop for photo editing.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2006, 07:19 AM
    HI,
    I have never used PhotoShop. Both my wife and I use Paint Shop Pro, along with Microsoft PictureIt 99, and MS Picture It Express 2000.
    Paint Shop Pro can do almost anything you want to do with both digital camera photos and cartoon images or any other images. PSP does take some learning, and there are many, many sites with Tutorials; which I think you would probably need with PhotoShop also.
    Another free program is IrfanView, found at http://www.cnet.com/downloads.
    IrfanView is a simple program for brighter, darker, etc, photos. As far as I know, it does not have a good Text editor, whereby adding your own Text to images, etc. Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graphic software... [ 6 Answers ]

May I ask you guys... I'm having problem with adobe and corel ruler... their measurements are not exact in a real ruler... how can I fix it... :confused:

Graphic Video Cards [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MDG Pentium4 Vision 4000 tv/computer. It has 512 ram and a 160g hard drive. I have tried to play PC games such as, Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings and could not install them on my system. I cannot afford an expensive graphics card, but I want a card that will at least play all the...

Processor and Graphic Card Comparison [ 4 Answers ]

I'm currently looking at 3 different laptops. However, I've been unable to find a good site with information comparing the 3 processors, or graphic cards I'm looking at. Processor -Pentium 4 w/ HT Tech 3.8 GhZ 800Mhz FSB 1MB Cache vs Pentium M 2.13Ghz 533Mhz FSB 2MB...

Eudora graphic failures [ 1 Answers ]

Using Eudora 5.9, I have frequent incoming messages containing graphics which show only a Red X in a box... somtimes I can 'hover' and read a jpg file name and it will be in the "attach'' folder... other times it will not be there. Also, there are frequent occasions when the graphics are a bunch...

Graphic Program Slows Computer [ 6 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP with 1 GB RAM but when I close down a graphics program after using it, I find the computer runs very slowly and I must reboot before I can continue to use it? Is there some work that has been stored during the operation of the graphics program that I can clear out so I...

View more questions Search