Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cubfan23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2006, 06:09 AM
    I need help finding a semi-formal dress for wedding
    Hi,
    I am 56 years old. I have gained weight so that I now have a dilemma when it comes to choosing a dress! I need a semi-formal dress to wear to two weddings actually. My problem is that my measurements are now 40-42-53. If I find a dress that fits my bustline, it's not big enough for my hips. I've looked at maternity too. I haven't gone to a store yet. I've only been looking online. Any help on what type of dress, or size, anything would be appreciated. Thanks.
    cubfan23
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Depending on how much you wish to spend, but very often you can find a local person who makes dresses for pagents or formal occasions.
    Also most of your better dress shops can do alterations on the dress that fits your hips to make the rest fit.

But very often if you are wanting something really nice you can have a custom piece made about as cheap as getting a better brand off the shelf.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Hi,
    Believe it or not, a family friend bought dresses from Ebay for her wedding. Very beautiful.
    Just a thought.

Mar 24, 2006, 10:47 AM
    Hi, Fr. Chuck,
    Thanks so much for your help. Money is a concern too. But I'll keep your ideas in mind.
    cubfan23

Mar 24, 2006, 10:48 AM
    Thanks, fredg,
    Yes, I've been searching and searching on E-bay. Nothing yet. But I'll keep looking! I appreciate your suggestion!
    cubfan23

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Semi-permanent color [ 2 Answers ]

Hello prettypetite1 I am worndering if you can tell me about demi-permanent color. I used a natural brown hair color (permanent) on my hair . I wanted my hair to match a hair piece so I went to Sallys and they gave me a demi-permanent color of ash blond to take the red out of my hair. I am...

Semi-formal [ 1 Answers ]

Exactly what does semi-formal mean? I'm getting a dress tomorrow after school for a semi-formal dance I'm going to. Can you give me some examples? Also please help with what kinds of shoes to wear!

I need help with picking a dress. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a sophomore and I am going to my boyfriends schools semi-formal winter carnival dance. I don't want to be to dressed up since I don't know many of the people there. I am 5' 4", brownish hair, brown eyes, freckles, and kind of tan but not really. And I like darker colors. I also am not looking...

Help! Need dress [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is my scenario. I have all of my bridesmaid dresses and my dress, but I need semi formal dresses for my candlelighters that aren't expensive (Like under $40) They have to have thick straps and be covering everything (couldnt think of the word) Can anybody help me? :( :confused:

I need help finding a semi-formal dress [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to a semi-formal dance that my school has on February 12. They have one every year and this year I am a sophomore, so I know what to expect. Last year almost everyone wore black, but a few people wore brighter colors like red and light pink and they really stood out. Everyone that I have...

View more questions Search