Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragcar Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Hi there. I have a bad sun burn.
    Hi there I have a bad sun and do not now how to get rid of it. If you have any advice
    On how to get rid of it I would be very grateful... so please help me...

:( :(
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Jul 1, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Well, you can't just get rid of a sun burn. You can apply different agents to relieve the pain. The sun burn is not going to go away until several days have passed. Do you have blisters? I'm just trying to figure out how severe the burn is.

If you have blisters, I've used A&D Ointment, which you can buy at basically any retail store. It dries up the blisters pretty fast... and don't pop them! That will only leave them susceptible to infection, and cause the pain to be even more severe also. Let them just dry up.

As far as pain relief, I've heard of people using vinegar before, however I've never used it personally. You can also buy aloe located with the tanning products at your local store. Also, if you know of anyone who has an aloe plant, you can break off a piece of the plant and break it open and rub the aloe onto your skin.

That's basically all the information I have to offer. I've been sunburned a lot in my life and I've just had to deal with it until the tan sets in, which like I said, is going to be a few days. Hope some of these products are of some relief for you!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 09:57 PM
    I have used potato scrappings... take 1/2 of a raw potato and cool in the frig... scrap out the middle and apply to the worst parts. Keep the other 1/2 in the frig and use it when the other drys up... this is very soothing and the treatment I prefer for myself when I used to get burned.This has helped me more than anything I have ever tried. I have also used aloe, milk of magnesa to rub on it, tea and solar cane.

I have been sun poisioned a few times as has a family member of mine. If you run a fever or have severe swelling in the face or feet I would suggest seeing a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is a steam burn worse than a hot water burn ? [ 18 Answers ]

I would like to have the answers in short abou t the following : a) Why asteam burn is worse than a hot water burn? b) A pressure cooker cooks food faster c) A car cooling system is usually pressurized d)An astronaut needs a pressurized space suit all round his body e)It is difficult to make...

Can't burn my cd [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to burn a cd but it says errer bad parameter what is that and how can it be fixed I'm new at this I need some help so can you please help

Burn to CD [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to copy TV theme tunes from a website to a blank cd. The message says that there are errors on the files or they are missing burn rights. Is there any way around this? Many thanks Tony

Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that...

CD Burn Help [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having a problem burning CD's using napster, I have used it before and it worked fine I don't know what has changed. I start the burn and I get a error message: An error has occurred while burning. A possible cause for this could be incompatiable media or too high a burning speed.Please...

View more questions Search