Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Should I Get Involved or Mind My Own Business?
    My friends are getting married soon. Recently the bride confided in me that she is having second thoughts. Now I find out that the groom confided in my boyfriend that he definitely does not want to marry her, but doesn't know how to get out of it.

Do I tell her? Or keep my mouth shut? I don't want to create drama but I feel like I would want to know if I was her.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 08:49 PM
    I think the only way around this is convince your girlfriend to talk to her boyfriend about how she is feeling nervous about the whole thing and then maybe he will feel relieved and open up to her that he doesn't want to either. Not good to have their guests at the wedding and then call it off.
    Michelle4452 Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Jul 1, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwoodhull
    My friends are getting married soon. Recently the bride confided in me that she is having second thoughts. Now I find out that the groom confided in my boyfriend that he definitely does not want to marry her, but doesn't know how to get out of it.

Do I tell her? Or keep my mouth shut? I don't want to create drama but I feel like I would want to know if I was her.
    This is sort of easy. Suggest to your friend that she have a heart to heart talk with her fiancé about whatever second thoughts she's having. She can even suggest that they extend the date, if she feels that would help. Point blank, end of the story. All of the other stuff is irrevelant.

Michelle
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 11:47 PM
    Excellent answers above! Just wanted to add that, if they are not able now to have a mature relationship involving open and proactive communication, then they aren't ready to get married anyway.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 12:43 AM
    just tell them thats its expensive to get married and divorce....think well before lashing out hard earned money....
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jul 2, 2008, 01:44 AM
    Communication is obviously not happening in their relationship already, so even if they were happy to be getting married, it would eventually crash and burn anyway. Suggest to your friend that she should talk to her partner about it because she should be looking for someone who is right for her, else she will really regret it.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 05:00 AM
    Thanks to everyone for great advice.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 06:06 AM
    They both might be scared of getting marry.You shouldn't repeat what was said because she confined in you and he confined in your boyfriend. Even though she might appreciate it, what's happens when she confronts him and he asks "who told you that and she gives your name? You'll be in the middle, they need to figure it out for themselve and shouldn't jump in the kettle if theym're afraid of getting burn. How old are they by the way? Like said above you can push her to talk to him and that's all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting them involved [ 9 Answers ]

My mother has my birth cirtificate and social security card and refuses to give them to me. I am 16 and not living at home with her or my father. I need them to open a bank account and get a picture id and to start my emancipation prosses. Being that they are mine and belong to me if I ask a cop to...

How were we involved [ 12 Answers ]

How was the United States involved in WW2?? also when did we get involved??

Should I get involved? [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend is dating my cousin which is also a really good friend of mine. This is my bff's first boyfriend and since I have had a lot she turns to me for advice. Her and my cousin are in a fight and they are both asking me for advice. I don't want to take sides but I really think I should help...

No kids involved [ 3 Answers ]

I have been seeing a married man at my work. We have know each other for about 8 years but only about 4 months ago we started to see each other. Before he got married he had a serious crush on me , but because we were of different ethnic groups... I never took him seriously. So years went on and he...

Involved with best friend's ex [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I am kind of in a very sticky situation. My best friend and I have been best friends for about 11 years or so and I love her so much, but something has come up that is troublesome and awkward for both of us. Last month or so she tells me that one night when a bunch of my friends and I were...

View more questions Search