Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

May 8, 2006, 05:28 PM
    I will second Curly's statement - it is an excellent application... Besides, I would offer the developer ha likely forgotten more abut the functionality of the registry than most of us even (profess to) know. The registry is not for a novice to fool around with.

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Total COBBLERS !!!!
    It does a better job than an untrained and even partly trained operator can do.
    For a piece of freeware it is excellent and possiblely one of the must have apps for any computer.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

May 8, 2006, 05:31 PM
    OK kids, play nice...
    phantasticalkat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2006, 04:30 AM
    I came on here looking for advice on how to clean my registry manually. Yes this is my last resort because I have been told by many people it is and I'm just checking up some background info before lots of people help me do it. I believe fedg has answered the question. While stressing that this would be a last resort and is not favoured is excellent to prevent things going wrong, arguing with someone who has actually answered the question, is not. The amount of junk arguing I've had to read through now is a waste. But thank you for the information given.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2006, 04:41 AM
    Telling someone to go poke around with Regedit who is not a computer expert is absolutely asking for trouble. We were giving you another side of the story, recommendations that we would give our friends and family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a registry cleaner [ 3 Answers ]

I am using a registry cleaner and doing an aggressive scan. The report has shown up Invalid ProgID entry's (OLE/DDE) and Invalid ApplD entry's (OLE/DDE) What are these and how safe is...

Messed up my registry. [ 7 Answers ]

Few months back I did something I got from a website that supposedly would let me print a directory list. Well, I don't like the format that it prints, and it would not let me SAVE the list (which was really my goal). Worse yet, I now have to right click > Open all folders on my computer. When...

Registry Cleaners [ 4 Answers ]

Using win98se (I know but xp won't solve my problem as I kind of like 98). I've got about 4 registry cleaners--paid for 1, 3 are free downloads (JV16, etc). When I run all these programs, they all want to delete iexplore.exe (in addition to junk). What's with that? I've never had a problem...

Registry Question [ 4 Answers ]

This is the final thing I have yet to do.) ( I think) With all the information that has been provided to me, I am just going over my notes to make sure I have done everything. I have done everything below. But I know some of you were giving suggestions about a registry cleaner. Do I still need to...

Registry Key for CountrySelection [ 3 Answers ]

;D Hello I have a problem with the Registry. Technical Information 56K PCI Ibternal Data/Fax Modem V.92, Version 9.00-9K Clone PC Computer, Desktop, Microsoft Windows 98SE AuthenticAMD AMD Duron(tm) Processor 240MB RAM Registry says: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

View more questions Search