Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    treesheart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Lots of rain
    We have been having a lot of rain lately and we just had our pool installed this year. I do not know what to do about the excessive water in the pool it is almost to the top of the pool. Do we let it stay this way or do we need to drain some off, and how do we do this?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 05:07 PM
    You should siphon off the excess water using a garden hose. Stick the hose into the pool and then snake the garden hose to a lower level of ground than the water presently in the pool. Starting the water by gently sucking on the one end of the hose. Don't put your lips right on the hose end but put your hand cupped around the end and your lips to your thumb and pointer finger where you make an "O" with your hand around the hose end. Be ready to spit out some water quick and then let the hose end drop. OR you could hook up the one hose end to a water faucet and run water into the hose and then when the hose is full of water, turn off the water and then disconnect the hose end and let the water drain out that way. I am an expert when it comes to draining and filling water beds. Had many happy years of practice.

You don't want too much water in your pool as it may damage the pool walls from too much pressure.
    coltonjared Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jul 1, 2008, 09:33 PM
    A easier way is to set the filter to backwash mode and drain the water down to the correct level

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure indicates rain [ 3 Answers ]

What type of air pressure indicates rain or stormy weather?

Singing in the Rain [ 3 Answers ]

Cna anyone give me their veiws on freindship or irony in the film :Singin in the Rain"?

Rain down my Chimney [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that has an older model gas furnace with a brick chimney and when it rains I get water coming out of my vent pipe in my basement just before it attaches to the furnace. I do not have a cap on my chimney and was wondering if I should install one and if so what king should I buy? On...

Rain clouds [ 8 Answers ]

Why rain clouds are black? Clouds temperature is below 0 degree celsius. When Ice temperature is below 0 , that canot Penetrate light .

Acid rain [ 1 Answers ]

A biologist is testing the effects of acid rain on plant growth. She has 500 mL of a 12% acid solution, dut wants to use a 7% solution. To the nearest mL, how much water should she add to obtain the desired concentration?:eek:

View more questions Search