Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Electrical problems in 1965 volkswagen
    I own a 1965 bug. My windshield wipers, horn and all lights on one side in the back do not work.

Some of the fuses were the wrong amperage and had been blown. I replaced them. Also cleaned the light assembly and made sure it was getting good contact. Are these electrical things possibly related? What would be my next step in troubleshooting?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 05:47 PM
    The ground to the frame for the lights that don't work. Probably corroded.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 05:53 PM
    If ground is intact, follow wiring from lights to harness from lights, visually check what wiring you can, see if you can determine if circuit trips when horn is applied, light turned on, when brakes applied, when reverse is engaged, start with all loads off.
    How are the fuse holders, verify voltage on fuse holder, and not so much the fuse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still having electrical problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have narrowed my problem with the odor smell from the breaker box and the dryer. The only time I smell an odor from my breaker box is when I am drying clothes. Sometimes the dryer (which is fairly new) trips the breaker. I was concerned if this is a deeper problem that I may need to get checked...

Electrical problems [ 5 Answers ]

[last night power went out in parts of my trailor.we checked the fuses nothing went out to the pole,where cardboard fuses 2 of them,after about an hour the lights started to slowly kick on again,this morning same thing,power in parts of the trailor and none in others,how can I tell if fuses are...

Electrical problems [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my flashers on my temperature gauge goes to hot. And whem bright lights on the turn signals lights come on and when using turn signals the light blinks in opposite direction.plez help

View more questions Search