Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lost?? Posts: 234, Reputation: 7

Mar 23, 2006, 06:58 PM
    Drinking and building muscle
    How much of an adverse effect does drinking (beer, typically twice a week) have on building muscle and getting rid of fat? Just curious because I want to get in better shape... thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2006, 07:07 AM
    If your twice a week is in moderation, it should have no adverse affects.

A few beers a week cannot hurt if your overall diet is good and you've got a workout routine.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Hi,
    One 12 oz. can of beer, on an average, has about 140 calories.
    A six pack then, of 6 cans, = 840 calories.
    The average person, to not lose or gain weight, needs around 2,000 calories a day (24 hrs) in food/drink.
    It really depends on what your daily calorie intake is, and how many more calories you add by drinking beer.
    Here is a link for info on beer calories:
    http://www.annecollins.com/calories/calories-beer.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muscle strain? [ 3 Answers ]

At work I had to lift a desk in order to run some wiring. The desk is extremely heavy and I had to strain pretty hard to lift it. I held it up for about 10 seconds so my co-worker could run the wires underneath. When I put it down my abdomen area hurted. Is it possible to hurt an organ by...

Muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I am really in to building muscle an I have bin doing weight for a while but I am wondering is there a fast rutine that can help muscle building faster I don't won't to use steroids as I know the side affects an it supposedly give you man boobs an I don't won't to use a toning device as it doesn't...

Fat to muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I am just curious in the process of fat to muscle. I've read o many different things about it I'm not to sure. Does your fat turn into muscle? How does this process work and what's the best way to acieve weight loss? And not gain a whole lot of muscle?

PC Muscle [ 1 Answers ]

Where exactly can the PC muscle be located for men i.e. the one that is used for Kegel exercises?

View more questions Search