Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrendaA35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Collection Agency want except payment arrangement
    Im trying to make payment arrangement with a collection agency and she refuse too.. It's a aig loan in the amount of23,OOO and I'm willing too pay1000 a month but she said I would need 10,ooo to make a payment arrangement What can I do
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 05:16 PM
    What does she mean you would need l0,000 to make a payment arrangement. These people are only a COLLECTION AGENCY, BrendaA35, they can't tell you what to do!! You can tell her to take a flying leap any time soon. These people make me sick, sick, sick! Sorry but get HER to tell you what she means by that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 06:55 PM
    They do not have to accept anything other than payment in full, But I find it hard to believe they will not accept 1000 a month that is a large paymennt, Have you contacted the original debtor and asked about making payment arrangements with them.
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jul 2, 2008, 04:49 AM
    Just put your offer in writing and send it to them certified mail, that if they don't take it will most likelly prevent them from sue you for the full amount. When a CA refuses to take large monthly payments is because they are planning to file suit.
    Rocket80 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 02:30 PM
    Who do I contact to start paying back my loan. I need a phone number not a e-mail I want to speak to a person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection Agency refusing Payment? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada. I have 2 outstanding student loans (provincial & Federal)... The loans have been outstanding since 1998... when my ex-husband and I lost our business. We both claimed bankruptcy in late 2000 and I received my discharge in early 2002. Since then due to financial hardship...

Can a collections agency refuse payment or payment arrangement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a hospital bill of $1000 from back in march and it has gone to a collections agency. Now my problem is, my insurance company actually sent me the check to make the payment. They instructed me to put it into my checking account then send a personal check to the creditor. However when I put...

Credit agency refusing to accept a payment arrangement. [ 6 Answers ]

I was notified yesterday afternoon that I had 48 hours to let a collection agency know if I am able to pay a debit which the creditor had charged off in 2001. This is from an account that was in my name (while married to my ex) and they used his income to qualify me for the credit. Before our...

Collection Agency Refusing Payment [ 5 Answers ]

A couple of weeks ago my husband and I were attempting to pay off a debt we owed to a collection agency. After speaking with them several times and getting the $ amount, I sent a fax letting them know the money would be going out. Upon calling them again to see if the fax had been received, I was...

Collection agency refuses payment [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to clear up 3 charges on my credit report. Had a very difficult year. Moved three times did not keep up with existing bills. I pulled credit report. Contacted 2 creditors, both in collections, both sending info and were more than happy that I wanted to make arrangements. Third one,...

View more questions Search