Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BNOVAKOSH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2006, 04:52 PM
    Headaches !
    Hi My Glasses Got Broke And I Am Havig A Bad Time Getting Help .I Have No Income The Medical Assintance Office Is Giving Me A Run Around . I Keep Filling Out The Same Paper Work And When I Asked My Case Worker Why She Said This Is Normal . And When I Talked To Other People Who Are On Assintance They Did Not Go Through This.I Have A Very Bad Stigmatism I Have Been Callig Everybuddy That Referes Me To Other People No One Can Help . On Top Of This I Have Facial Defects And I Can Only Wear Stainless Steel Os Titiam Glasses.can You Please Help Me!!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2006, 06:54 AM
    I don't know of a certain source, but check with local churches. I know many of them collect used glasses to give to organizations who give them to folk who need them but can't afford them. If the church is collecting them, they can tell you who to call to see if they have what you need.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2006, 07:04 AM
    First why could only one type of frame work, not wanting to sound mean, why would not a plastic frame work. Or even contacts as far as that goes.

I am allergic to some metal but if I was poor and had none I would wrap what I could get in tape to be able to see.

Next what on your glasses are broke, the lens or the frame, perhaps a frame could be fixed, or if only one lens is bad, you only need a lens.

The Lions Club does the most work with taking donated glasses. They may be able to help get you a pair that will work for you, I doubt if they be brand specific
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Hi,
    I was also going to suggest calling your local Lions Club. They might be able to help. Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having painful headaches that start at the back of my head and go all the way to my temple for the past two weeks. I wake up with them I am tired all the time and now the headaches are getting worse. They seem to last for hours and go away for a couple of minutes but come back...

Headaches in teenage girls [ 7 Answers ]

If my teenage girl is not getting enough sleep could it cause headaches? She only sleeps about 7 hours a night and sometimes less than that.

Headaches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am prone to headaches, usually around my period. I am a 23 year old female and have had a headache for two weeks straight(its not around my period) and was wondering if its normal to have a headache this long. I have taken over the counter prescription, nothing, called my doctor but because...

Headaches from Bathroom Cleaner [ 8 Answers ]

Two days ago, I thoroughly cleaned my shower with Kaboom tile cleaner. Ever since then I've been having random heaches. I'm not a general headache sufferer so I'm concerned it might be associated from inhaling too much of the Kaboom fumes. Along with the headaches, I get the feeling I'm going to...

Headaches [ 5 Answers ]

I get headaches often (occationally migranes) but for the last two days I have had one quite different. Whenever I get up (from sitting, standing etc) it starts to hurt. In the beginning it was a little left of the top of my head and was VERY painful. It continued to bother me whenever I got up....

View more questions Search