Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjr Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2006, 04:48 PM
    Medication
    I was wondering , according to Michigan law, can an intern prescribe meds?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2006, 05:17 AM
    Here it says Physician Assistants in Michigan can prescribe any medication with the permission of their supervising physician... so I guess it would be down to whether the intern is considered a "physicians assistant".
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2006, 06:40 AM
    Of course the exact term intern can vary in usage,

If the student doctor in his last two years of medical school prior to taking and passing the AMA requirements, he is not a doctor yet and only works under the close supervision of the training stafff.

If you are talking about his time as a resident, after he finishes medical school, yes at this time he is already a doctor, and is fulling the required the needed residency requirements for his board certification in the field he is going into.

Note, to prescribe medication they have to have a licence number that is listed on the medication or on file at the pharmacy. A physciians assisant is not a doctor but is allow to prescribe under the supervision of the doctor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Qd All medication [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about the medication QD All?

Medication for alzheimer's [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all First I am sorry cause my english not so good but ill try to explain what I want and I hope that some one can understand me when I have not good english. My friend 50 years old sick in alzhymer and we hear that there is new medicine for that kind of sick I am not sure from that medicine...

Medication for swallowing [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine has difficulty swallowing. She can't remember what it is called or the name of the treatment she was given before. She can swallow liquids and puréed food fine but when it comes to proper food, she can eat little and often but if she eats more than a few tablespoons in one hit it...

Puppy worm medication [ 2 Answers ]

How often should you give worm medication to a 4 to 5 lb toy rat terrier that is 6 months old? ::)

View more questions Search