Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajeshh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Networking course
    Mcse or ccna which would be better opportunity..
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 1, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Network+ offered by CompTIA. They also do the A+ certifications as well.

CompTIA Network+® Certification
    twilcox Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jul 1, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Between the two, CCNA is actually better recognized, as there are just too many MCSE boot camps out there that leave you holding a piece of paper with no knowledge behind it.

Other than that, it's all a matter of the environment in which you plan to work. Do you want to work with Windows in networking, or are you more wanting to work with the hardware side of things as well as configurations on the routers and switches? MCSE is more Active Directory while CCNA focuses on the nuts and bolts of networking.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 1, 2008, 03:05 PM
    As TW mentions a CCNA is worth a whole lot more in networking and paper MCSE's are two a penny.
    It really bugs me, as I worked for mine, just to find some snotty kid with the same and zero experience.

Paper is good but experience can't be beaten !
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 2, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Amen, Curlyben.

I have worked with people that had all kinds of certifications and I still had to teach them quite a bit.

I mentioned the Network+ because it is not brand specific like the Microsoft or Cisco certifications. However, given your two choices, T.W. is on target.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Networking on the way out [ 2 Answers ]

I started my career at my current company, and have four years wirth of relationships built across various depratments. I've taken another job and given notice to my manger. What's the best way to share my plans, contact information and say goodbye with these contacts to make sure that they...

What is networking [ 2 Answers ]

Tell me what is networking and send my id

How to networking [ 1 Answers ]

I want to connect my hostle pcs to each other. So that data can be transfer from one Another computer

Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had a 7 computers sets but the only means of connection is the dial up which has 56kbps speed One computer has an onboard modem (d-link) as a server. I successfully connected all computers to the hub and has already been networked, but my problem is the other computers cannot log to...

Networking [ 5 Answers ]

I have alaptop connected to my desktop with a ethernet cable. The destop can access files from the laptop but no traffic the other way. I have now connected the laptop to another desktop and it works fine both ways. I have tried lots of things like taking off all firewalls, permisions etc. The...

View more questions Search