Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Turtley Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2008, 08:47 AM
    New sink sprayer will not thread onto sink fitting
    I want to install a new sink sprayer onto a faucet where the old one was removed and capped off. The new sprayercompression fitting seems to be too big. Is there an adapter? I have never seen anything like this before. It also seems like the faucet stem is not only smaller but too short to get a good grip.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Is this a universal sprayer you picked up or an EOM for that brand faucet? You may need to buy an OEM. There are adaptors that can be piced together from any hardware store brass fittings trays but this may be visible after you build it, I'd go with an OEM.

Jul 1, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Yes it is a universal sprayer that I am trying to attach to an old (unknown brand) faucet in a summer cabin that we lease. As the cabin is 70 miles from home and the at least 10 miles from a local harware store its not just a quick run to the store for more parts. It seems as if it is an inside thread as the connecting sprayer stem is very short. Is that possible?

Jul 1, 2008, 09:12 AM
    I am sorry but I can't comment further without seeing what you have. Do you have a means of posting a picture?

Jul 1, 2008, 09:15 AM
    I am not at the cabin and don't have internet access when I am there. If I don't get it resolved when we go this weekend I will take a picture and try and post it next week. It seem like the thread is 1/4 and the sprayer faucet fitting is 3/8. Thanks.

Jul 1, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Go to a hardware store and buy several brass fitting that reduce in size, save your receipt and return the ones that don't fit. The more fittings you buy the better your chances.

Jul 1, 2008, 09:20 AM
    That's what I'll do thanks!

Jul 7, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Hi ! Want to post an end to my dilemma. Went to the local hardware where I purchased the sink sprayer and purchased a 1/2" to 1/4" reducer (inside thread). When I looked at a couple of the other universal sprayers I noticed that they come with the reducer/adapters. However, the one I bought did not so I had to purchase the reducer sperately for $1.18. Next time, if I am in question, I will purchase the sprayer with an adapter to be on the safe side. Anyway, got the adapter and it is all hooked up now. Thanks!

Jul 8, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Glad its done, bet it was hot at the cabin this weekend.

Jul 8, 2008, 06:07 PM
    It was hot but as I always say... "Its just another beautiful day at HH" no matter if its storming or hot out its great! Thanks for your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sink sprayer [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to change out my sprayer on my sink and can't figure out why it doesn't have constant pressure?? I depress the sprayer but it just sprays and quits and I lose pressure, any thoughts??

Sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

My sink sprayer doesn't work. Is there some way to fix it without buying a new faucet and sprayer?:

Aerator sink thread broaken [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was changing the aerator on our kitchen sink (because the flow became too slow) and it broke off with the threads trapped inside. How do I.

Kitchen sink sprayer leaking from under sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking from underneath my sink. We just replaced the spray head part. Could it be the hose or what else could it be? Thank you!

Sink Sprayer Help [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here's my problem about 6 months ago my sprayer broke on my kitchen sink and I just got aroudn to replace it. Before it broke I had no problems whatsoever with it. Now I installed a new sprayer head and the problem started immediately. What happens is the water runs fine out of the faucet but as...

View more questions Search