Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessy0428 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Will I ever have another baby
    Hi you. Well I am going through a lot right now. I am 20.My husband and I want another baby so bad. We have a 2 yr old daughter(almost 3) and we believe it is a good time to start trying for another baby, so we started trying in Jan. I didn't get my period in Feb so we were very excited but every pgt came out negative. So I went to the doctor and turns out I have cyst again. (have been getting them every month since October of last yr.)Well they put me on because pills and they said that would start my period and help clear up my cyst. Well it didn't. So I have not had a period since Jan.One doctor told me that you can still get pregnant while not having a period but others have told me you cant. I figured my cyst would be cleared up by now and my period would be back. But they are not. And it is really starting to get to me. I am starting to wonder if I am ever going to have a period again. And if I am ever going to be able to have another baby. Don't get me wrong I will be perfectly happy with just my daughter. But I would really like another one.It has been weighing on my mind a lot lately.Yesterday I was sitting here and just started crying because I feel like I am failing my husband by not being able to have another baby. He doesn't feel that way at all ,and he will also be happy with just one. But it is just bothering me so much.So my question is can you get pregnant while not having a period?Anyone that has an answer or opinion it is greatly appreciated.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 09:06 AM
    If you are ovulating, you can get pregnant. You can ovulate without a period, but it is not the norm and it would be more difficult, obviously, to determine if and when you become pregnant. With regular periods, it is generally assumed that someone is ovulating... although even that is not a guarantee.
    As far as the cyst goes, are they taking a wait and see approach to see if it clears on its own? When will you have another ultrasound to check on it? Was any blood work done to check various hormone levels?
    Since ovulation is what occurs first in a cycle, you may get lucky and fall pregnant without ever having a period, but I wouldn't chance the possibility to just luck. Did they give you a time frame for when they would do other testing, or try another way to start it, if still no period?

Jul 1, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC
    If you are ovulating, you can get pregnant. You can ovulate without a period, but it is not the norm and it would be more difficult, obviously, to determine if and when you become pregnant. With regular periods, it is generally assumed that someone is ovulating....although even that is not a guarantee.
    As far as the cyst goes, are they taking a wait and see approach to see if it clears on its own? When will you have another ultrasound to check on it? Was any blood work done to check various hormone levels?
    Since ovulation is what occurs first in a cycle, you may get lucky and fall pregnant without ever having a period, but I wouldn't chance the possibility to just luck. Did they give you a time frame for when they would do other testing, or try another way to start it, if still no period?
    Yea they said since because didn't work to just wait it out. When I went in Feb. they said they wanted to see me back in 6 - 8 months to do another ultrasound to see if they have went away.But I have never had them last this long that is why I am starting to think there is something else wrong with me. (which really scares me). I plan on going back this month because I am tired of waiting. They didn't say there was anything else they could do. They just said that if they didn't go away on their own then they may have to go in and remove them themselves.They did blood work and just about every test possible and a cat scan and all they could find is the cyst.They said everything else was normal.So I don't know anymore.:confused:
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Jul 1, 2008, 05:03 PM
    I have been getting cysts since I was 14 years old and I've never had one stop my period for the amount of time you are talking about. That's sounds very strange. The most it would do is make me a little late and my period more heavy. Have you tried to get a second opinion yet. You need to find a doctor that will actually listen to your concerns and try to fix the problem. There is no reason to not have a period for that long and not know what is really causing it. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Jul 2, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by margarita_momma
    I have been getting cysts since I was 14 years old and I've never had one stop my period for the amount of time you are talking about. That's sounds very strange. The most it would do is make me a little late and my period more heavy. Have you tried to get a second opinion yet. You need to find a doctor that will actually listen to your concerns and try to fix the problem. There is no reason to not have a period for that long and not know what is really causing it. Good luck and keep us posted! :)
    I was mistaken I went to the doctor in March sorry, but by then I was 2 months late and they did not seemed concerned they just said the cyst were bogging down on my ovaries therefor I was not having a period because nothing was being able to be released.But now 7 months of not having a period I am getting really worried. I mean I feel great, except having constant UTIs. I am def. thinking of going to another doctor or just seeing a different one at that office.Thank you for replying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

I'm having a baby and my dog already thinks she's my baby! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new to this board and I just wanted to ask a questions. I have two dogs. An 8 month old St. Bernard female named Moose and a 1 & 1/2 yeard old Samyoed male name Buckie. I just recently found out I was pregnant and have started to get really worried. Buckie is VERY attached to Moose but...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

View more questions Search