Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Jul 1, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Why did I dream this horrible dream?
    I don't know whether I should've posted this under philosophy, but I couldn't find anything closer to the subject "dreams". Anyway... Last night, I had a horrible dream and I don't know why. I dreamed this tall, skinny white man was chasing me trying to kill me. My dream jumped from 3 different settings for some reason. First, me and someone else was running in the woods, trying to get away from him. He cought that person&tied her hands up and did something to her but I ran away before I could see what it was. I ran through the woods and everything. Then it jumped to another place in the woods, and the last setting was my house. I was at my house, and ran across the street 4 help. This lady let me in and I told her that a man was trying to kill me. I grabbed a big knife and she grabbed a hammer 4 protection(I don't know why) because he was trying to get in. we both ran out her back door and we kept jumping fences trying to get away from him. We kept asking people to help us, but no one would help. I kept dialing 911 on my cell phone but they never went through. He finally caught up to us, and I grabbed a stick ( I don't know what happened to my knife). I swung at him and he ducked. Then I swung again, and he grabbed my arm. He aimed at my face & was about to stab me in the face, then that's when I woke up. I never saw what happened next. My heart was beating so fast when I woke up. I grabbed my phone and walked around my house to make sure no one was in there. I was about to dial 911 if someone was. I prayed because I was so scared when I woke! Why did I dream this? I didn't watch anything scarey on TV in some weeks, & nothing dramatic happened before I fell asleep. Why did I dream this? It felt so real, but I couldn't see his face but it was so real, that's why I was so scared when I woke up. Is this a sign? Is God trying to warn me about something? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? I'm a little scared right now. Let me know what you think :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 06:46 AM
    To dream that you are being chased, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity.

Chase dreams often stem from feelings of anxiety in your waking life. The way we respond to anxiety and pressure in real life is typically manifested as a chase dream. Running is an instinctive response to physical threats in our environment. Often in these dream scenarios, you are being pursued by some attacker, who wants to hurt or possibly kill you. You are running away, hiding, or trying to outwit your pursuer. Chase dreams may represent your way of coping with fears, stress or various situations in your waking life. Instead of confronting the situation, you are running away and avoiding it.
    The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent a part of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can assume the appearance of threatening figure.
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Jul 1, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    To dream that you are being chased, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity.

Chase dreams often stem from feelings of anxiety in your walking life. The way we respond to anxiety and pressure in real life is typically manifested as a chase dream. Running is an instinctive response to physical threats in our environment. Often in these dream scenarios, you are being pursued by some attacker, who wants to hurt or possibly kill you. You are running away, hiding, or trying to outwit your pursuer. Chase dreams may represent your way of coping with fears, stress or various situations in your waking life. Instead of confronting the situation, you are running away and avoiding it.
    The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent a part of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can assume the appearance of threatening figure.
    Wow, that makes a lot of sense. Now I just have to evaluate what's going on in my life and try to fix it. I definitely do not want another dream like that. Thanks for the info!
    george rabadi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2012, 11:54 PM
    Slenderman
    http://theslenderman.wikia.com/wiki/Slender_Man
    http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Slender_Man

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hi!. my dream... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! My name is Chen, I'm 26, married and a mum of two. I work three days a week at a local café, and I enjoy studying child psychology and counceling in my own time. I have a bit of a dilema which made me find my way somehow to this site, and I was hoping someone might put my mind at...

A dream! [ 4 Answers ]

I had a dream last night about this guy I like in real life. In the dream I was at his house And I was at the table and he served me a piece of toast. In real life I had a misunderstanding with this guy. I was thinking about trying to work things out with him by trying to contact him...

Why do we dream ? [ 8 Answers ]

Is there any meaning about the dreams we dream? Will the dreams become true in reality one day ? When we see and talk to somebody in dreams, will the person know that in reality? Thanks for your answers!

Need help with a Dream. [ 11 Answers ]

Sorry I forgot to mention that I posted two dreams within one post.. I do keep a dream log, and I only write down dreams that I think need interepting, these are the main two I really do need some help on.. No one else has been able to give me any insight on either of the two and what...

View more questions Search