Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2006, 08:57 AM
    True or false
    If u ask a loved 1 a question in their sleep... and they answer! Is that answer true or false? Any ideas.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2006, 09:01 AM
    HI,
    You can't really tell. If they are awake enough to hear the question, then they might be actually "thinking" when they hear it, or might not be. It could be answer partly from the sub-conscious, like a dream.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 09:01 AM
    Neither true nor false.

It is simply not an acceptable means to get a reliable answer. Might as well flip a coin.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    neither true nor false.

it is simply not an acceptable means to get a reliable answer. might as well flip a coin.
    This is True. :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2006, 09:13 AM
    HI,
    I will second, "This is true".
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 23, 2006, 09:23 AM
    I say lots of things in my sleep... or so my wife tells me... But no matter how exciting, dirty, or boring they are... they're just brain droppings that really can't be placed in the context of a normal conversation.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2006, 10:11 AM
    Well I know that I slept talked a few years back and my partner at the time was asking me questions to which I replied. In the morning he told me all the things he asked me and all the things I replied with. Everything I had said was true, it was all inside my head and some of things I had told him in response to his questions I had not told anyone about. It was a little freaky but it was all true. I found it totally bazarre. I sleep talk all the time and it's usually a load of rubbish or in connection with something with a dream that I am having based on events of the day before, but that one occasion really freaked me out.
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 10:21 AM
    when I was a teen I woke up one morning with a phone in my hand and the voice saying "whats the phrase that pays?!"

my radio was set on one station all the time and was playing in the morning. I apparently heard their promo, called in, was the right number caller. I got the answer right and I won, no joke, a frozen turkey.

took care of thanksgiving that year. =)

other than occasional mumblings I don't do much else in my sleep that I've been told.

though... about two weeks after I was married and moved in with my wife I had some freak episode of loud gas two nights in a row that woke us both out of dead sleep. Sounded like a jack hammer. She'd say "what was that?" and I'd say "I DON"T KNOW!" =)

I'm sure my wife had second thoughts about whether this marriage was going to last, if I did that all night long all the time. Six years later we're still married so I guess all well.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2006, 10:50 AM
    I say very unreliable. You have to undderstand what they are dreaming about. What state they are in.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2006, 11:43 AM
    Do you always dream the truth? If so, then I suppose an answer given while sleeping could be assumed to be true... However, I have many dreams of flying in the air, something I have yet to achieve while awake. But if you were to ask me if I was flying while in one of these dreams, I would likely answer "yes." Would you be asking this question right now if this was the case?
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Mar 23, 2006, 02:00 PM
    kp2171... THAT WAS PRICELESS... I am truly wiping my screen off.

About the question... I agree with the flip a coin thing. I think it's a great question.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2006, 02:14 PM
    KP - you should have given her a Dutch Oven with the gas.
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Mar 23, 2006, 02:57 PM
    I agree, you can't expect the answer to be accurate if you don't know what question they are even answering, for example you could ask them "do you love me?" and they could say "no!" but in their dream someone asked them if they would like liver for dinner! :) I would not depend on anything when someone is sleep talking, unless you want to have something to fight about the next morning!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2006, 03:29 PM
    Both, depends on what they are dreaming about if they are dreaming.
    Next it also depends on what level. Also it depends on their view point of the truth on the question.

It does not work to 'finding" the truth about what a person is doing.

Hypnosis uses a similar idea but even then it only draws from the subconscience and not an exact.
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Mar 23, 2006, 07:15 PM
    Depends on which stage of sleep they are in...
    I would doze off and my then boyfriend would ask me questions about my day where I had been, who I was with etc. Let's just say that I was as skilled of a liar while I was half asleep as I was when I was fully awake!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 08:25 PM
    Frankly I wouldn't put too much stock in anythiong anyone says or does in their sleep. It's pretty hard to hold someone accountable for anything said when they aren't consciously aware of it. The question you ask them while asleep may be heard as something completely different than what you intended precisely because they are asleep. For example, you may ask your significant other "Do you hate my mother?" However, they may "hear" it as "Do you hate your boss?" Therefore the answer they give really isn't reliable.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2006, 12:53 AM
    Thanks all so much
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2006, 03:07 AM
    I always ask my other half if he loves me when I hear he is in a deep sleep and he always says YES, once I even asked him who do you love? And he said my name, how sweet is that!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2006, 10:15 AM
    :) My wife said that she doesn't believe when I'm wide awake why would she believe to me when I'm sleep?:cool: :eek:
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    :) My wife said that she doesn't believe when I'm wide awake why would she believe to me when I'm sleep?:cool: :eek:
    your wife is onto you too, eh? =)

my wife doesn't distrust me out of malice, she knows I'm an honest guy. She just things I'm honestly wrong a lot. That's when she looks at me and says "you're pretty"

but then there's nothing more belittling that being told that unless its her trademark lines of calling men "bunny" during an argument (it stops you dead in your tracks), asking you if you're wearing your "grumpy pants" too tight, or inquiring if you've been riding your "huffy" bike...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone please help with the following true or false questions [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with the following true or false questions. I am having a bit of a problem with them. I would appreciate the help in solving them. Thanks 1. The left side of every liability account is the debit side. 2. Revenues are increased with debits. 3. Balance sheet...

True or false [ 2 Answers ]

Is an e'mail traceable back to the sender?

True or false? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it true that if you lose wieght you stretch marks will become less noticeable?

View more questions Search