Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Steering Pump Laeking
    Hi all,

I have a 1995 525I BMW, for the last 6 months the power steering seems to be leaking, when the car is parked in the garage there is a wet spot under the car, I am checking the fluid level once a week and it needs to filled.

Need to know where can I find a power steering pump for this car, have called the dealer its about $500-$600 for parts and aprox $300-$500 for the labor , which is a bit high.

Is it easy to replace it or should I take it to a shop I have the tools and can turn the wrenches.

I leave in southern California, Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
    John
    rcremsing Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Power steering pumps are relatively easy to replace. But first you need to verify where it is leaking. Is it the pump itself( if so then replace) or is it a hose that can be removed and then replaced.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Thanks for the reply, I am out of the country now when I come back home will check the area and see if it is the hose or the pump itself will let you know,
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Hello rcremsing,

I got back home and checked my car for leak found the hose from steering pump to the reservoir leaking, replaced the hose cost me only $85, appreciated your advice and thanks allot.

Regards,
    John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power Steering [ 2 Answers ]

Do all 5-Speed 1990 Honda Civic have Power Steering or are there some that have and some that don't?

Power Steering [ 1 Answers ]

2003 Accord. 110,000 miles. Had a power steering problem. The hose was replaced first, then a new pump, to no avail, now we are onto a rack. Is anybody out there?

View more questions Search