Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MR SADSACK Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Weird about places!
    Hi all

I want to know if anyone else has this problem?
    Im now completley N/C with my ex and I think it will work to be honest as much as from time to time I wonder if she just 'moved on' well I guess Ill never know
    But when we were talking she mentioned that she had been to a place on the coast with friends and this is where she had hung with other guys and to be honest I don't know what happened nor do I care now really [well sort of]
    However it's the actual 'place' I have trouble with each time I see it on a map or hear about it I get depressed because it has some sort of 'trigger' effect... does this happen to anyone else or am I going nuts?
    Some places around our town really get me too... what can you do to get this to go away?

The sack:eek:
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 06:05 PM
    When you're LIFE has moved on, your mind will as well. You're still sort of stuck since nothing new and nobody new has started yet. When it does, you'll stop noticing that stuff.

Jun 30, 2008, 06:09 PM
    I hope so because I think I'm going nuts I hate feeling this way about where I live
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Yes, you are still dwelling on the past, and wishing you could still contact in some ways, It will take time and effort to move in with your life.
    sokay Posts: 142, Reputation: 14

Jun 30, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Yeah, right now I'm avoiding some places we used to go. Or places that he might be. Or close to where he lives. Pretty typical during a break-up phase. Also it's probably not a bad idea to avoid places that trigger any sadness for a while. Like JB said once you reach a point where you've really moved on you won't care anymore about that stuff. You won't care if you do or don't run into your ex either.

Jun 30, 2008, 06:19 PM
    This is great help guys thanks I do know it will pass but I just hate the waiting some have said to hit it head on and go to these places and make more memories but its esaier said than doen to be honest... why are we so complicated :confused:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 05:54 AM
    why are we so complicated :confused:
    We make it that way, and we sort through it. No hurry, just do what's best for you. As you move through life other things will distract you, so know yourself enough to know, what you should do for yourself.
    Applejacks83irv Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2008, 01:48 PM
    OR you can date a really hot chick and go to the places you so love to hang out!. but yeah ever one been there! Its time to call your friend and hang out! Guys night!! Hell yeah! One thing I've learn (there to many girls with a big booty out there and not a lot of time to catch them all) woo hoo girls!! Booty!!
    sokay Posts: 142, Reputation: 14

Jul 1, 2008, 05:16 PM
    ^That was super-deep^ :)
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jul 2, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Hahaha erm applejack's post. I'm sure that made you chuckle sadsack :-)

Jul 2, 2008, 11:19 AM
    It did... Nice one to the jack and I understand what he is trying to say, sadly its not as esay as that
    But this whole thing is just so weird... you know some days I get fine for a few hours then I go down hill again..
    I really do feel that the longer I stay down will decrease it has to!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Its like anything else in life, and your human, so it's a lot better when the sun shines, than it is in a thunderstorm. Its all about dealing with whatever life throws at you. I always have a routine, or activity to keep me busy on those stormy days, and above all I never sit and dwell over hurtful memories. Even thunderstorms are fun, with a good book or wii, or just getting up, getting busy, and ready for the day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Places in Lanzarote? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good place to visit? Any recommendations?

Kilometers between places [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me how far it is from miami beach to broardbeach and sufers paradise in queensland? Thanks

Tell me what I should do I always get myself in this places [ 3 Answers ]

Yea yea I know another fight.. . This chick was calling my friend names. . Like relli mean1s. . So I started calling her names.. . But now she wants to punch me.. . should I apolgize, fight her or let it go?? Tell me what I should do

What are the sunniest places in the US [ 1 Answers ]

Name the sunniest places in the US

PVC Tight Places HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

I was forced to cut off a closet (toliet) flange and the 90 degree elbow to which it was glued due to damage to get to clean PVC drain pipe in good condition. The problem is where the elbow will turn up and at the point where the new flange and coupling is needed is very tight. The area is between...

View more questions Search