Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eastmale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Drop Down Menu hangs in "save as" in Windows XP
    When I try to save anything using "save as" in xp, nothing happens when I try to click the 'down' arrow in the drop down menu. I have to click it over and over and finally it does drop down the menu to allow me a choice to where to save it. It is really irritating and is very consistent. Something is causing it to hang. I tried uninstalling several of my software programs to see if it could have been one of them causing the problem, but there is no change. Any suggestions?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Moved from forum helps
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 05:55 PM
    What program are you doing a "save as" in?
    What are you saving?
    What is the default directory that opens when you DO select "save as"?
    How full is that directory?
    What "view" does that directory use... thumbnails? Details? List?

Just trying to get a feel for what you're doing when this happens.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 06:01 PM
    I've had problems particularly with Word on a MAC classic and Windows XP. The Save as dialog box seems to "hang". It particualrly occurs when creating new documents. I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I think there are three remedies:

1. Wait - it will eventually show
    2. Save early
    3. Defragment disk - http://www.diskeeper.com/landing/landing30b.aspx seems to be a more permanent fix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pro's & Con's of "Compress drive to save disk space" [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everybody I have a question about "Compress drive to save disk space" checkbox that's located in the general tab of the Local Disk properties. I just discovered this feature and decided to save some disk on my laptop but when I applied this feature. A progress bar dialog box appeared and...

Start Menu "All Programs" won't show the menu [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! This is my first post My Start Menu "All Programs" won't show the menu. Any kind soul please help

An exception occurred while trying to run ""c:WINDOWSsystem32gzmrotate.dll"DllVerif [ 1 Answers ]

HI.. this things happen to me just last week. When I start up my laptop, an error message appear - (An exception occurred while trying to run ""c:\WINDOWS\system32\gzmrotate.dll"DllVerify") What is this and I can't ger rip of it!. Please help me!

View more questions Search