Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    proskater8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 05:02 PM
    How do I gain more weight?
    Im a teen that has skinny arms and I want them at least to have a little bit more fat in them or muscle because I always wear sweaters so people won't see because they always talk about my arms and how skinnky I am.So please help me before I go to high school!
    goldenboy7115 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by proskater8
    Im a teen that has skinny arms and i want them at least to have a little bit more fat in them or muscle because i always wear sweaters so people wont see because they always talk about my arms and how skinnky i am.So please help me before i go to high school!
    What kind of activity do you do to build up your arms? Make sure you consume more calories than you burn.. hard to do when you have a fast metabolism. For sure, if you want to put more meat on.. lots of protein, maybe a supplement powder between meals? If you happen to be on the skinny side, you need to lift! Nothing puts more mass on someone than heavy weights, low reps and plenty of rest.. Check out the muscle mags at your local grocery store for tips on training! Good Luck.
    proskater8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Well I skateboard about 2-6 hours a day as a daily activity and I lifted weights in 6th grade but then I stopped cause the doctor said I have to stop so my body could grow and I thought I'm to young for supplement powder between meals(im 13).
    goldenboy7115 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Skateboarding 2-6 hours a day? Your body is responding to the training you already do! Skateboarding this many hours burns tons of calories.. hard to keep weight on with this routine.. the body adapts to the stress placed on it! You need more anaerobic activity, weight lifting.. or some kind of bodyweight calisthenics. Let me tell you something, this is a perfect time for you to develop your body! It will grow no matter what! Don't go crazy or anything, but cut back on the boarding my man; you'll never get massive this way. You need 3 things, 1} progressive resistance training; increase poundages over a period, 2}supplementation; protein shakes, meal replacement,. increase CALORIES! 3} REST!. I'll bet you this.. try and skateboard on your off days from lifting; just a little bit to enjoy it, by the time you are 16, you will have a well developed body! And because you started earlier, you have a better chance of keeping it as you get older.. GROW GROW GROW!
    wingrun Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Jun 30, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Dude I have the same 'problem' as you do and I'm older than you are. And from the day I remember, I was as skinny as you describe yourself. Just to let you know if you change your diet to gain weight (fat) it doesn't mean you will gain proportionately. You might have a large belly that you dislike and still not gain much on your arms. And from your explanation I assume no matter what you try to eat to gain weight will not be too effective because of your metabolism. I even suggest you stay away from too much fatty stuff just because you want to gain weight.

My suggestion is get yourself protein in powder form and start working out. This will help you
    a. gain weight proportionately.
    b. become even healthier than you already are
    c. become active
    d. look good.
    induuppal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 05:19 AM
    I'm deepak 23years old. I'm so thin.my waight is only 45 to 50 kg... but now I have to increase my waight... this is very necessary for me... so I hope you will defenatly help me to increase my waight... may you tell me what should I have to do for increasing my waight around 10 to 15 kg
    wingrun Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Jul 7, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by induuppal
    i m deepak 23years old. i m so thin.my waight is only 45 to 50 kg....... but now i have to increase my waight...........this is very necessary for me.................so i hope u will defenatly help me to increase my waight..................may u tell me what should i have to do for increasing my waight around 10 to 15 kg
    Makes a lot of difference if you male or female and your height.

But suppose your ultimate goal is to gain weight. You have no fat so that's the good part. I would suggest you to start drinking a lot of protein shakes (2 scoops of protein mixed in a drink of 10oz). Drink a couple to few a day of these protein shakes and you will notice some gain in the short future. While you're drinking protein it's also great to work out. If you are unhappy with the results I suggest you visit a nutritionist or even pay a visit to a nutrition store near you and look around some of the products they offer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I Gain Weight [ 2 Answers ]

How can I gain 10- 20 pounds within the next 2 weeks can someone help me are there any pills or anything I can do to gain weight

I need to gain weight 2! [ 5 Answers ]

Im 17 nealy 18, and can't seem to get past 7st 4lb, its like my maximum. Its been like this for a few years. What can I do? I'm about to get in to modelling and have been to the doctors. Help!!

How to gain weight? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am 21 years old boy. I have a height of 5'5 and I weigh about 45kgs. I am underweight and desperately want to increase my weight. Whenever I increase my diet I start gaining weight but as soon as I come back to normal diet schedule, my weight heavily decreases. Professionally I am a...

My dog needs to gain weight [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a high calorie, premium, well balanced wet dog food so my 10 month old shephard mix can gain some weight. We adopted her from our local pound and she is also being treated for Valley Fever. The vet recommends that she gains 10 pounds. She is currently 30 Lbs. She has had a total...

Weight gain [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, I just had my 6 month prenatal visit two days ago. I was a little surprised to hear my weight gain. Up until the 5th month I had only gained about 5-7 pounds. (started out at 120-125lbs)my fifth month I gained 6 pounds. And apparently this time I gained 9 pounds. I was shocked to have gained...

View more questions Search