Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kafnyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Sole custody to Father
    What % of cases award sole custody to father vs. mother?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 02:08 PM
    The stats I have found show 17 percent. If both parents are present and there is no reason that either should not have custody ( no one is unfit) joint custody is much more common
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jun 30, 2008, 02:10 PM
    I don't know a percentage, but each case is different, and sole custody should only be granted if there is a reason to not have joint custody. If one parent is abusive, or if they have drug addictions or otherwise put the child in danger. Unless there is good reason to award sole custody, courts like joint custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sign sole custody over to my kids father because I was in a abusive marriage and gett [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I let the father of my kids take them until I got out of a abusive marriage and to keep them safe. I finally got away and fled to Wisconsin. But then I still had legal custody over my kids. Some how he got me to sign a paper where he has sole and I have them on the weekends. Ive been back to...

Sole Custody? [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I'm pregnant and due in just over 2 weeks. It wasn't until the last week or so that my now ex-boyfriend decided that me and him should start getting along and being friends, and has started trying to be a part of my life so that he can be a part of the baby's life. I slept with one of...

Sole custody [ 2 Answers ]

my question is my brother and his wife have got a divorce he no more lives in the united states he now lives in nigeria, when the wife filed for divorce she files for sole custody without consulting my brother whom would of loved to have had joint custody now she only lets my brother see his son...

How to I file for sole custody of a child due to father abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

My child is 1yrs old. His father and I are not married but he was at the birth and legitamized his son and gave him his name. Since the birth of our child, he has not provided any support and he rarely calls. We live in two different states and I have visited him twice for the sole purpose for...

View more questions Search