Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 30, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Heartburn in early pregnancy
    With my previous pregnancy I had awful heartburn after 25 weeks. I never even had heartburn until I was pregnant. I panicked and didn't know what I was feeling and called my doctor and she calmly and jokingly explained it was heartburn. After I had my son I no longer had heartburn. Now I am probably 9 weeks give or take a week. (find out how far on July 8th) What would cause me to get heartburn so early? I've had bad morning sickness so I've eaten small and very light meals. Mostly salads fruits and veggies
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 30, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Oh and how many tums am I allowed to have in one day?
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Jul 1, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Heartburn during pregnancy can be caused by a number of things. The most common cause is hormones. I never had heartburn with my first, but this time around I have had it off and on since I was 9 weeks. I am currently 14 weeks. It is usually triggered by something I eat but I have had it come up out of no where before. I usually try not to take more than 6 rolaids or tums in a day. I've read you can take up to the recommended dosage on the package. The calcium is supposed to be good for you anyway. Don't worry hon. You are not alone! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More political heartburn for Obama. Will McCain capitalize on this? [ 7 Answers ]

The news reports that the verdict is in. The question is: Will Republican Presidential Nominee John McCain capitalize on this and other stories surrounding Obama and his friends? ABC News: Verdict Brings Unwanted Friend to Obama Victory Party

Early Pregnancy [ 11 Answers ]

How soon can you have symptoms of pregnancy? Is it possible to feel anything before you miss your period?

Early pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I am in early pregnancy and bleeding and slight pain is this natural or am I having a miscarage

Early Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently found out that I am pregnant but am worried as I am supposed to be going to Florida 3 weeks. At this time I will only be around 5 weeks pregnant and I am wondering whether the flight may effect my chances of having a miscarriage? Also there are a lot of rides and water slides in...

View more questions Search