Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    looseendz Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Quit smoking and weight loss
    Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has quit smoking and not gained weight, I am on Chantix right now and I am having good success. I am not reaching for food instead of a cig and I started walking 30 minutes a day on my lunch break. Is it possible for me not too gain weight or is it definite everyone does. Thanks in advance.
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jun 30, 2008, 09:06 AM
    I've never smoked, and obviously have never quit smoking, but my grandma was a heavy smoker until she got cancer and couldn't get out of the hospital bed to go light up. She doesn't smoke anymore, but did gain weight, though not a whole lot. I think most, but not all, of gaining weight afterwards is the food thing, substituting it for smokes. I have heard a lot of people have good luck with gum. If you are already over the addicted to nicotine phase, I'd go for regular gum, not stop-smoking gum, as I've heard it tastes bad. After you get over the addiction, you have to kick the habit, which is where people get into trouble with eating too much. I think what you're doing now, monitoring your food intake and increasing exercise, will help a lot, if not keep you from gaining weight all together. Best of luck.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:14 AM
    I quit smoking about 25 years ago, and I didn't gain weight. At the time, I didn't have a sitting job, and I got plenty of exercise playing sports.

I would say activity is the key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit smoking tips [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I've been smoking since I was 13 and I am now almost 20, so 7 years of a pack or to a day and its really done me in, at 19 I already have heart and lung problems, I have no energy and honestly 0 stamina and I really think I am too young to have all these problems, I have tried to quit and I...

How can I quit smoking ? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm smoke 20 cigs a day . I have tried everything possible to quit smoking but I can't leave smoking . And I really want to quit smoking for a lot of reasons but I fail to . Please if anyone of you could help me with you suggestions on how to quit smoking , do..

Quit smoking [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I take depression medication Elixer I want to quit smoking can I take the medicatin zyban or Chantix to quit. Thanks

I want to quit smoking ! [ 3 Answers ]

This is my 10th anniversary in smoking.I wish I could be advised on how to quit this canker worm of mine.What pushes me into smoking is my friends who always drink and smoke during our outings in bars.I couldn't hold my taste since they claim it is a stress quencher and gives you courage to...

View more questions Search