Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Worry about that if 'n when the time comes. You have enough to deal with for now.
    ddotraisin Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Worry about that if 'n when the time comes. You have enough to deal with for now.
    My mom just said that she might be getting the emergency custody order today and getting me

Jun 30, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ddotraisin
    my mom just said that she might be getting the emergency custody order today and getting me
    If my mom gets me today then I don't know what do do can I still get an emergency custody order if it was court ordered for me to live at my dad's
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Why don't you ask your mother if they gave her any papers ordering custody to him?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:52 AM
    thank you but what if it's court ordered that i need to live with my dad thenwhat do i do?

If it's Court ordered then your mother asks for custody - that's what the emergency hearing is for. If after the hearing you are ordered to live with your Father you do that and everybody goes for counselling. If it's an agreement between the two of them you can pack up and go to your mother's right now because there is no formal custody arrangement and both parents have equal rights.

You didn't answer me - how did a broken window lead to a change in custody - ?

And as was said above, the fact that your mother was involved in an abusive situation with your father, even got a restraining order and then allowed you to live with him is not going to help her side of this.

The best you can do is wait for the hearing date, do whatever it takes to stay safe (go to your mother's once she has FILED for a change in custody) and tell the truth at the hearing.

Jun 30, 2008, 07:56 AM
    [QUOTE=JudyKayTee]If it's Court ordered then your mother asks for custody - that's what the emergency hearing is for. If after the hearing you are ordered to live with your Father you do that and everybody goes for counselling. If it's an agreement between the two of them you can pack up and go to your mother's right now because there is no formal custody arrangement and both parents have equal rights.

And as was said above, the fact that your mother was involved in an abusive situation with your father, even got a restraining order and then allowed you to live with him is not going to help her side of this.

But I can't get an emergency custody order because my mom just said it was court ordered that I have to live with my dad

Jun 30, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    If it's Court ordered then your mother asks for custody - that's what the emergency hearing is for. If after the hearing you are ordered to live with your Father you do that and everybody goes for counselling. If it's an agreement between the two of them you can pack up and go to your mother's right now because there is no formal custody arrangement and both parents have equal rights.

The best you can do is wait for the hearing date, do whatever it takes to stay safe (go to your mother's once she has FILED for a change in custody) and tell the truth at the hearing.
    I'm going to have my mom get an emergency custody order then wait at her house until the hearing
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 08:00 AM
    She still may be able to but she will have to possibly go about it different.
    Are you allowed to stay with her for days/weeks?
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 08:01 AM
    [QUOTE=ddotraisin]

but i can't get an emergency custody order because my mom just said it was court ordered that i have to live with my dad

Your mother APPLIES for an order that custody be changed; she APPLIES on an emergency basis. As I have explained the Court will take a close look at the situation and then make its determination. It won't be today.

If custody was ordered to your father you cannot simply walk out the door - he can and will try to get you back, charge your mother with custodial interference.

Your mother has apparently been through this - she should know how it works.

Again - how did a broken window end up with a change of custody? Why did custody go to your father?

I am beginning to think "we" are not hearing the whole story - it is beginning to sound like you get into trouble at your mother's house so custody was changed to your father and now you aren't happy there (or are in trouble over texting or something) and want to go back.

The Court may not be sympathetic - they chose the best situation for you once and they aren't going to revisit it every 8 months.

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic and I'm sure you're in a bad situation but something has to be missing here -

Jun 30, 2008, 08:02 AM
    i'm going to have my mom get an emergency custody order then wait at her house until the hearing
    And I broke a window so my mom thought that my dad would teach me dicipline

Jun 30, 2008, 08:03 AM
    i'm going to have my mom get an emergency custody order then wait at her house until the hearing
    And I broke a window so my mom thought that my dad would teach me dicipline

But I really need to know if I can get an emergency custody order because my dad's custody of me is court ordered
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 08:03 AM
    and i broke a window so my mom thought that my dad would teach me dicipline

Okay, there's the answer. Your mother felt she couldn't handle you and sent you to live with your father; now he is having problems with you.

I think all 3 of you should go in for counselling and I don't think the Court is going to change custody.

Jun 30, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Okay, there's the answer. Your mother felt she couldn't handle you and sent you to live with your father; now he is having problems with you.

I think all 3 of you should go in for counselling and I don't think the Court is going to change custody.
    No way he won't he said he doesn't like them it is court ordered that I had to live with my dad but all I want to know is if I can get an emergency custody order

Jun 30, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Want to live my mom emergency custody order
    My dad is mentally abusive to me talks about killing my mom and has pushed me I want to know if I can get an emergency custody order until the court date to get a restraining order on my dad

Jun 30, 2008, 08:12 AM
    no way he won't he said he doesn't like them it is court ordered that i had to live with my dad but all i want to know is if i can get an emergency custody order
    My dad has no problems with me I don't do anything wrong here or anywhere anymore
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 08:12 AM
    no way he won't he said he doesn't like them it is court ordered that i had to live with my dad but all i want to know is if i can get an emergency custody order

Probably not, not with what you've said. If your mother is able to get the Court to listen to her filing and your father refuses counselling he will "probably" lose custody of you until he attends counselling so it might end that way.

It's very difficult to get such a recent Court order overturned or changed, particularly when it's been such a short period.

As I said - your mother has apparently been through this both with the protective order against your father AND the custody change. She should have an idea how things work.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 30, 2008, 08:13 AM
    YOU can't do anything as a minor. Your mom has to file the emergency custody order. She would also have to file for a restraining order.

Jun 30, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Probably not, not with what you've said. If your mother is able to get the Court to listen to her filing and your father refuses counselling he will "probably" lose custody of you until he attends counselling so it might end that way.

It's very difficult to get such a recent Court order overturned or changed, particularly when it's been such a short period of time.

As I said - your mother has apparently been through this both with the protective order against your father AND the custody change. She should have an idea how things work.
    Can I get a emergency custody order

Jun 30, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    YOU can't do anything as a minor. Your mom has to file the emergency custody order. She would also have to file for a restraining order.
    I know but your saying that if I went with my mom today to the police and explained what he did she could get one
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 30, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Most likely

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mentally ill son [ 6 Answers ]

My son of 19 years has been given a diagnoses of schizophenia.He is currently in a mental health unit for 3 weeks. They want him to go to a county hospital . Will his rights be taken away. If something happens to him am I able to make any decisions on his behalf? I'm scared something could happen...

How will I know if I am mentally ill or if it is just stress? [ 4 Answers ]

Two years ago, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I did all the research on what it is. I don't believe that I have it. I was abused very badly on many occasions as a child and recently on jobs and by family members and people who I thought were my friends. I believe that it is just trauma from my...

Mentally I'm NOT okay with this [ 10 Answers ]

My sister had her baby at 8:49am it is now 9:35am. This is her 3rd baby and she turned 17 in February... Her first baby shae gave up for adoption her second one she kept and this one she gave up for adoption as well. When people ask me, "Is your sister keeping the baby?" I tell them the truth "No,...

Mentally ill parents [ 7 Answers ]

As some of you may know, both my biological parents had a serious mental illness. I am working on a book for adult children of mentally ill parents, sort of a semi-autobiography of my own life, but I would also like to include stories from others. I have interviewed a few people in my city, but I...

View more questions Search