Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Like we have said you need to get out of the house and have a place to stay established before you can get a restraining order. You can't get a restraining order and then still be stuck having to live with him so your mother needs to talk to the police, a lawyer and the court about her best plan of action FIRST. She needs to file for sole custody.

It all rests in if there is a court order issued and finding the best way to go about things.
    IF he does have court orders for your custody then it could be a bit harder.
    ddotraisin Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    Again - why do you live with your father? Is it by Court order?

If it is this bad the next time you go to your mother's she should file for an emergency custody order - and you don't go back to your father's house. No one is going to come and drag you back if a hearing is pending. I do not see the Police getting involved in this unless you have been physically harmed.

Then at the hearing you tell the Court what you've said here and the Judge will decide what is best for you - the Court may very well appoint someone to interview and evaluate you, your father, your mother and then they will decide.
    I went to court cuzz I broke a window and me + my mom wanted me to live with my dad the judge said yes my dad wasn't there, the most I can be with my mom is four days straight and can they change the custody on that day if I tell them what I told you if not then can I not go back to my dad's until the custody is changed
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 06:41 AM
    We understand that BUT you need to ask your mother if the court issued orders for you to stay with him.
    If not she can possibly take you, get a restraining order and tell him that she is filing for sole support.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ddotraisin
    i went to court cuzz i broke a window and me + my mom wanted me to live with my dad the judge said yes my dad wasn't there, the most i can be with my mom is four days straight and can they change the custody on that day if i tell them what i told you if not then can i not go back to my dad's untill the custody is changed

Look, go back and read what I've posted - this is already been addressed.

I know you're upset but you are asking questions without reading the answer to the previous question. This has already been answered.

Jun 30, 2008, 06:46 AM
    In one word, no. Again, if you simply file for a restraining order he will be notified of the Court date and then you will go back to his house and live there until it is heard.

And I don't think you have sufficient proof -

Why are you having difficulty with your Mom going back to Court and getting custody of you?

When did you start living with your father?
    He pushed me though, so isn't that battery I've been with my dad 9 months I can't have him get the court notice because he'll be really mad at me and are you saying I have to live with my dad when he knows that I want to live with my mom I can't stay with my uncle or just stay at my mom's until the court date
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 06:49 AM
    he pushed me though, so isn't that battery i've been with my dad 9 months i can't have him get the court notice because he'll be really mad at me and are you saying i have to live with my dad when he knows that i want to live with my mom i can't stay with my uncle or just stay at my mom's until the court date

You can't prove he pushed you -

Read back over what I have posted: "If it is this bad the next time you go to your mother's she should file for an emergency custody order - and you don't go back to your father's house. No one is going to come and drag you back if a hearing is pending. I do not see the Police getting involved in this unless you have been physically harmed.

Then at the hearing you tell the Court what you've said here and the Judge will decide what is best for you - the Court may very well appoint someone to interview and evaluate you, your father, your mother and then they will decide
    ."

Jun 30, 2008, 06:58 AM

Read back over what I have posted: "If it is this bad the next time you go to your mother's she should file for an emergency custody order - and you don't go back to your father's house. No one is going to come and drag you back if a hearing is pending. I do not see the Police getting involved in this unless you have been physically harmed.

Then at the hearing you tell the Court what you've said here and the Judge will decide what is best for you - the Court may very well appoint someone to interview and evaluate you, your father, your mother and then they will decide
    ."
    So I can get an emergency custody order and live at my mom's until the court date.but on the court date what if he says that I'm doing better here and everything do you think that they will let me live with my mom if they know that I'm am so stressed over this I could barely breath one day because I was so nervous about coming back to my dad's from visiting my mom
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:00 AM
    They should let you live with your mom until they determine if he is safe to be with or not.
    If you can get into counseling with a psychologist and talk about how your dad scares you and the impact of his threats that should help too.

Jun 30, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    They should let you live with your mom until they determine if he is safe to be with or not.
    If you can get into counseling with a psychologist and talk about how your dad scares you and the impact of his threats that should help too.

Can I do that at court because I know if I let them know how much he scares me I think I can live with my mom

Jun 30, 2008, 07:05 AM
    can i do that at court because i know if i let them know how much he scares me i think i can live with my mom
    But won't he pretend to be good and like trick them
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:07 AM
    so i can get an emergency custody order and live at my mom's untill the court date.but on the court date what if he says that i'm doing better here and everything do you think that they will let me live with my mom if they know that i'm am so stressed over this i could barely breath one day because i was so nervous about coming back to my dad's from visiting my mom

You don't get the emergency order - your mother does. An adult of legal age gets the order.

No one knows what the Court will decide - as I said, they will review the situation, perhaps evaluate the 3 of you, decide what is in your best interest and that's where you will go to live.

What does your Mom say about all of this? I don't understand the change of custody over a broken window - how did you end up in Court?

Jun 30, 2008, 07:07 AM

."
    How long does a emergency custody order last for
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:09 AM
    how long does a emergency custody order last for

It's not an emergency court order - it's a request for an emergency hearing leading to a Court Order. Then the temporary (for a limited number of days) or permanent Court order regarding custody is issued.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:10 AM
    You go to court with your mom and tell them he is verbally abusive and it scares really bad.
    Then they will probably order a counseling evaluation.
    Your dad could come off really nice but you need to somehow prove he is not the same way at home.
    Your mother should be able to tell them that he has a history of aggressively verbal abuse so they can see it is consistent with him.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:11 AM
    but won't he pretend to be good and like trick them

He will try - some of it will come down to past family history, yours, his, your mother's, who is believable, who has been in trouble, if any one of you is playing the system.

The Court is sometimes not real understanding when the child goes from parent to parent when there is a problem - that's why whether there's a Court order is important as well as why your mother allowed you to move in with your father.

Jun 30, 2008, 07:12 AM
    It's not an emergency court order - it's a request for an emergency hearing leading to a Court Order. Then the temporary (for a limited number of days) or permanent Court order regarding custody is issued.
    But I won't be with him until I go to court

Jun 30, 2008, 07:16 AM
    He will try - some of it will come down to past family history, yours, his, your mother's, who is believable, who has been in trouble, if any one of you is playing the system.

The Court is sometimes not real understanding when the child goes from parent to parent when there is a problem - that's why whether there's a Court order is important as well as why your mother allowed you to move in with your father.
    My mom got a restraining order on him before cuzz he hit her

Jun 30, 2008, 07:27 AM

Thank you very much but can you tell me what to do step by step so I can send it to m mother
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:33 AM
    IF there is NO court order
    She needs to get you somewhere safe
    Her house, uncles,
    Get an emergency custody order,
    Take it to court and request sole/full custody
    Have mom testify to his past abuse
    You tell the Judge of his abuse to you
    (her allowing you to stay with him could work against you because the court could want to know why she allowed it and why you were there this long)
    All she can really say is that she didn't think he would be abusive to you too.
    Have your mom ask about court ordered psychology evaluations.
    Do everything the court tells you.

Jun 30, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    IF there is NO court order
    she needs to get you somewhere safe
    her house, uncles,
    get an emergency custody order,
    take it to court and request sole/full custody
    have mom testify to his past abuse
    you tell the Judge of his abuse to you
    (her allowing you to stay with him could work against you because the court could want to know why she allowed it and why you were there this long)
    All she can really say is that she didn't think he would be abusive to you too.
    Have your mom ask about court ordered psychology evaluations.
    do everything the court tells you.
    Thank you but what if it's court ordered that I need to live with my dad thenwhat do I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mentally ill son [ 6 Answers ]

My son of 19 years has been given a diagnoses of schizophenia.He is currently in a mental health unit for 3 weeks. They want him to go to a county hospital . Will his rights be taken away. If something happens to him am I able to make any decisions on his behalf? I'm scared something could happen...

How will I know if I am mentally ill or if it is just stress? [ 4 Answers ]

Two years ago, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I did all the research on what it is. I don't believe that I have it. I was abused very badly on many occasions as a child and recently on jobs and by family members and people who I thought were my friends. I believe that it is just trauma from my...

Mentally I'm NOT okay with this [ 10 Answers ]

My sister had her baby at 8:49am it is now 9:35am. This is her 3rd baby and she turned 17 in February... Her first baby shae gave up for adoption her second one she kept and this one she gave up for adoption as well. When people ask me, "Is your sister keeping the baby?" I tell them the truth "No,...

Mentally ill parents [ 7 Answers ]

As some of you may know, both my biological parents had a serious mental illness. I am working on a book for adult children of mentally ill parents, sort of a semi-autobiography of my own life, but I would also like to include stories from others. I have interviewed a few people in my city, but I...

View more questions Search