Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Psyduck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2006, 03:29 PM
    “Revolution” topical medication for guinea pigs?
    We have three guinea pigs. The older one is very sick and is being treated by the vet for Sarcoptic Mange (mites) and a kidney disease. The younger two show no signs of the mites and seem perfectly healthy. Obviously, they must be treated but, frankly, the shots from the vet are too expensive.

What I need is dosage information for “Revolution.” Pfizer hasn’t done enough research on guinea pigs to give a straight answer, even to the vet. Has anyone used it for guinea pigs? The vet says he would go along with it, but I need to hear from someone who can tell us how.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Mar 22, 2006, 07:44 PM
    I do not know about revolution but we use IVOMEC® (ivermectin) 1% Injection for Cattle and Swine
    .01 ml (A super small amount) to them orally one a week for 4 weeks

It is for swine and cattle but, it will cure the mite on the piggies too. Do your research but we deal with a lot of piggies, and many come in with all sort of problem, mite, bumble foot and kidney crystal are the most common.

Please take the time to read this article Ivermectin has saved countless animals from the pain of mites and parasites.
    you will find it beyond helpful. It comes from a site called Guinea Lynx it is the most informative site that you will find related to care for your piggies. I hope that I was in some way helpful to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guinea pig death [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm kind of new to this but my little girl had 2 guinea pigs, both female. I went to feed them earlier and discovered one of them had died. Is there anything I need to do for the other guinea as I know she'll be lonely without her pal?

Qd All medication [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about the medication QD All?

Possible ringworm in guinea pig [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what over the counter medication can be used for a guinea pig with possible ringworm? Thanks

Medication [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering , according to Michigan law, can an intern prescribe meds?

View more questions Search