Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kona1115 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2003, 01:33 PM
    Immigration fraud?
    27 years ago, my friend immigrated in the United States through her parents. She was 23 years old and a college graduate. Little did we know that she married her boyfriend secretly before going to the United States and for some reason unknown to us, she did not keep in touch with him and later married somebody else. After 19 years of marriage, the first husband contacted her and soon enough she divorced husband no 2 and married the first. We just found out that she was blackmailed by this guy and threatened her that he will report her to the immigration for bigamy and lying when she came to United States. He is very abusive and won’t even let her children live with them. My friend wants out but scared that he will report her and be deported. She’s been a US citizen for at least 15 years. Can the immigration revoke her citizenship and have her deported? This guy just have his green card and on his way to have his children come to the United States on my friends expense. She basically is the bread winner of the family. What can she do? He will do anything to get back on her for leaving him.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kona
    jande34808 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2004, 10:39 PM
    immigration fraud?
    The immigration will not revoke her citizenship if she has been a law abiding citizen.She needs to run as far from this guy as humanly possible. If she divorces him,he will not be able to bring his kids to the U.S. She is being used by this man. I am a U.S. citizen and have been through the immigration process with my husband.I have become somewhat as an expert in immigration procedures as I filed all the paperwork myself and everything went like clockwork. Hope this helps. God Bless!
    Thica Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 04:32 AM
    How could she be lying to enter USA if that sponsorship was via her parents? If I were her I would not be afraid to be reported for my bigamy case rather than have abusive husband all my life. But this is about choice, and every choice has risk. Please consult to a lawyer, there must be legal answer for this situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fraud? [ 11 Answers ]

Where can I write to find out the status of an immigration fraud complaint I turned in in Las Vegas, Nevada immigration dept. All I want to know is if they received the papers I sent regarding this fraud.. Anybody know? Email me

I have a question regarding Immigration Fraud and Divorce [ 5 Answers ]

First of all I'm not sure if this is fraud. However, I have a friend who married a guy from overseas over 10 years ago. He became a US citizen nearly 3 years ago. Then his parents came here recently. Once they came they gave him the idea to divorce my friend and marry someone else from overseas...

Immigration fraud? [ 32 Answers ]

My wife and I went to her final Immigration (Green card) interview in April, here in NYC. She got her restrictions lifted at that time. Within two weeks of that appt, she threw me out of the bedroom and told me that she wanted a divorce. Interestingly enough, when I asked her if she was worried...

Reporting immigration fraud [ 3 Answers ]

If you know of Immigration fraud that is going on in Cincinnati Ohio can anyone tell me with whom I would report it to? I have tried various numbers and they are either disconnected or only computer voiced. Thx

View more questions Search