Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cinvaughan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Can dying your hair darker cause hair thinning or loss?
    Can coloring your hair cause it to thin? I have had significant thinning, maybe 20% and it not only seemed to start a year and a half ago when I first started to color my hair, but I noticed more loss right within a few days of having it colored. I haven't had it colored now for about 3 months, and suddenly it seems to be dropping off my head with every touch. Is it possible it is the dye, or am I ill? I just had a blood test for thyroid and it was normal . I am a 50 yr old f. Help
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jun 29, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Dying your hair a lot, especially bleaching it, can thin it out.

Try going to Sallys and asking for a weekly deep conditioner.
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jul 3, 2008, 07:36 AM
    It is not typical for hair color to cause hair loss. It could be breakage, which is what happen when the hair gets overprocessed. You Could go to a salon and get the nioxin line, it is to keep you from losing more hair, but this will take time to work, it is not a quick fix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thinning hair [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything I can do about thinning hair? I used to have the thickest hair out of all of my friends and now I have to use the tiny rubber hair ties because my hair is so thin. Every time I brush or straighten my hair I lose so much of it and I have so many stray hairs on top that it looks...

Hair is thinning [ 6 Answers ]

I am 35 yrs old and my hair is thinning aroung the crown of my head and my hairline is receding. I am a decent looking fellow and kind of got by on my looks and intelligence throughout my life. I feel people look at me weird now that my hair is waning... like I did this on purpose. Anyone have...

Leg hair thinning [ 4 Answers ]

Just wondering why my leg hair might be thinning. I understand that when we age this will happen but I am in my early thirties. It seems to be thinning on the outside of my lower legs and not anywhere else. Any answers?

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

Hair thinning [ 1 Answers ]

Can wearing your hair in a tight ponytail everyday cause you to thin your hair out or lose it, because where my hair sats in a ponytail it is thinning.

View more questions Search