Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jun 29, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Hypertrophic scarring
    I've had my tragus pierced two weeks now and I have what I believe to be a hypertrophic scar on it. It's just a small reddish lump on my piercing and isn't seeping or anything like that, so I don't think it's infected. Also, it didn't hurt so I've slept on it, which, looking back, may be my problem. I've been following my piercer's directions. Which are as follows:

Mix one pinch of sea salt with 8 oz. of warm water. (I use purified h20)
    Then use a clean dry q-tip to dab one drop on the front and back of the piercing.
    Do this 4-5 times a day.

Will it go away with time or will I need to use tea tree oil or something like that?
    What should I do?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 07:35 PM
    If you clean it 4 or 5 times a day the skin may dry out. Cut back to 2 or 3 times a day with the sea salt. Don't sleep on it anymore, and don't play with it any more than just to turn it twice a day. If the scarring doesn't go away, you may have to seek something to help you but at 2 weeks, chances are it's swelling and a little scarring and if you keep the care up and baby it a little it will go down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do you mean by kidney scarring [ 1 Answers ]

.. I h0pe y0u can find an answer to my question.! :p

Toothpaste Scarring [ 3 Answers ]

Oh my goodness! To all those people who recommended toothpaste on pimple - well, thanks for your bad recommendation! I recently grew a pimple on my chin and with school starting soon, I wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible. I put toothpaste on it the other night. When I woke in the...

Kidney scarring [ 0 Answers ]

My husband has been ill with a bad flu and probably hooping cough. Recently he had blood in his urine and tests are being done. The doctor thinks its possibly a reaction to strong antiobiotics but that's before all tests are done. Today he got back x-rays which show that one kidney is...

View more questions Search