Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hondabob09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Getting married at courthouse/church wedding
    My daughter has decided to marry her soilder at the courthouse so she is able to go to germany with him on his orders can she still have a church ceremony without it being wrong
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Is there a question here?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Yes she can. Although the "official, LEGAL" marriage will be that of the courthouse one. But many people renew their vows on their 20th anniversary, or whatever, so no problem renewing them after 1 day!

It's not common, but that doesn't not make it wrong.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2006, 11:44 AM
    As I said in your other post, we had a reception instead of a second ceremony, and even those who were sad they couldn't attend the wedding had a great time at the celebration.

If she really wants to have a ceremony you might want to send out notices to all you'll invite later, stating the need for the civil service but the intention for a formal service later. Would give people time to understand the situation and ask questions if they don't.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2006, 12:24 PM
    It will depend upon your denomination, it would not be a "wedding" but a blessing of the wedding. Most churches allow it, I don't know of one that does not, but with churches I am sure some don't

I would suggest a private wedding with the preacher instead of the court house, most ministers marry a couple in his home all the time, I know I do. For people who can't afford a "church wedding" I am sure I do as must do, we don't charge any fee but take a donation. ( normally 20 to 50)
    A

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suggestions for courthouse wedding [ 6 Answers ]

We are getting married on November 3 at the court house by the Justice of the Peace. Both been married before don't want to spend money on wedding. How do you make this day special and something to remember? What do you wear? Not sure how to make plans. Someone please help.

Proper way to go about courthouse /church wedding [ 6 Answers ]

What is the proper why to approach this my daughter has decided to marry her soilder at the courthouse in order to be able to go with him to germany.But would like to have a wedding ceremony for family and friends next year.Is this common or will be think wrong of her

Peace in the Church [ 11 Answers ]

Why do so many Christians ignore the peace teachings of Christ? Isn't it obvious that he did not come to establish a worldly kingdom? Yet, this administration and many of the Christians seek to bring about the kingdom through worldly mechanisms rather than through Christian living. Just...

Why Is The Church Silent? [ 9 Answers ]

Just like every other day of the week, 4000 babies were killed today. Where was the church? Where were the preachers? I'd sure like to know. Those of us who have been involved in the prolife movement (or for that matter, any other movement that impinges upon moral issues) for any length of...

Bad Church Bishops [ 2 Answers ]

I met a man online different city than mine. Anyhow, after pledging a fake relationship with me. I found him to be a huge lier. He even pretended to share a birthday with me. He was married, a newlywed man. The worst part is he is a Reverend. I feel so cheated, and dirty. Any help, or ideas...

View more questions Search