Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    midnightcoyoty Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 12:26 PM
    How can I become a famouse singer
    How c an you book gigs when your only 16 at clubs and most places where ilive don't let people book gigs
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Hire a booking agent, find places that allow you to sing even if for free, open mic, nursing homes, monthly events, mens or women meetings at church groups, Lions club, and other groups, and you will have to travel to other towns and cities around. It means an investment from your parents in time and money also.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 29, 2008, 12:31 PM
    I think you need an agent. You might need to cut some demo tapes too.

Jun 29, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Kk thnks all my friends are scared to get in front of people but I'm not really afraid to but they think that I could do good by myself but idont think so and I haven't sang in about 3 months
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Also be sure and take music lessons ifyou are not already, learn to read and write music properly, and if you do certain types of music. Like for example in county music there is a "nashville number system" that will be almost a must if you are doing professional country music. So there will be many professional issues you will need to learn. Also even the best professionals have vocal coaches, my wife has been a coach for several people before they tryout for parts and other things. So even the best singers all use teachers and coaches, so as someone starting you should be having voice instructors for sure. Also since many places will not allow you to sing "covers" ** other peoples songs, you will normally have to have other music that was written by yourself or someone else, to learning to write music is important also
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 02:33 AM
    I think that it would be best to slow down here some...

You don't need an agent or some kind of in-between person. It would be nice to have someone like that, but, it's not really necessary. You also don't need to be able to read and write music in order to be able to perform.

What kind of music is it that you will want to be performing? It would help to know that, please? I am a professional in the performing arts field in various types of music.

Jun 30, 2008, 12:26 PM
    I sing any type but I mostly do hip hope. Or the type that the jonas brothers do. I personly don't think I'm that good but my friends do and I isn't ready to get huge yet. What shoud I
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 03:26 AM
    What I would suggest doing for the time being, is hooking up with some people from local churches who might be able to give you some exposure. There could be a coffee house at one of them where you would be welcome to perform your music. I do that regularly at a couple of churches where at least I attend the coffee houses.

In your school, there might also be the opportunity to try out for and be involved in a musical theater presentation. That would also give you opportunity to show others what you can do with your voice.

If you aren't already involved in a choir or chorus program at the school that you attend, then I would also recommend getting involved in it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

I want to be a singer [ 6 Answers ]

I am 11 years old I live in louisville ky and I really really really want to be a singer I sing everyday and wonder how I would ever get into the business so if someone knows what I can do at this age please help!

Becoming a singer [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get noticed by a singing professinal in a small town I'm 16 and sing in the choir but I don't really sing in publice any more all my frriends think I could make it if I went for it

I want to be a singer [ 2 Answers ]

:o I really want to be a singer but my mother can't really afford an agent or any thing for me.I just need any advice I can get help please if you can thanks!

Name the Singer [ 1 Answers ]

Who was the only singer to introduce Oscar-nominated songs in four different decades?

View more questions Search