Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farmgirlmo Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello farmgirl:

While what you say is accurate, credit reports rarely are. Therefore, if a date is incorrect, or if a name is misspelled, or a street name off by a letter, the information is inaccurate, and is subject to challenge.

MOST items in a credit report have inaccuracies in them. Now, if the credit bureaus would report the CORRECT information, maybe the abuse of the system by debtors would be allayed. But, I submit the problem is that the CREDIT BUREAUS don't report accurate information.

excon
    True, most reports do have inaccuracies on them. However, 9 times out of 10, the inaccuracies come from the creditors who are reporting. The CRA are good about reporting what the creditors report to them.

However, in the case of the BK that was removed... nothing was said to be inaccurate.

You should only dispute what is inaccurate, not the entire TL in general.

Using the "dispute method" to repair credit is the fastest way to have a FA placed on your report.
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jul 11, 2008, 03:15 PM
    That's your opinion the way you think it should be, the fact is that there is nothing in the FCRA or anywhere else criminalizing the dispute of information accurate or not, if you know better please direct me to that piece of legislature.

A FA (Fraud Alert if I got the meaning right) only takes 42 cents in a stamp, the cost of the paper, envelope and about 7 days for the CRA to delete, is something voluntary not a punishment from the big brother.

You should dispute wahtever you want, it is not a crime is your right, then is up to the creditor to show records if they want to be paid.

Every CRA screw up in a different way for instance Equifax, if you have a charge off account 6 years old and the bank report the status as CO the credit score algorithm interpret it as a brand new charge off one month old killing your score, it is intentional from Equifax a way to give the banks and collector the power to unfarlly harm the credit even when it is against the intention of the law.

So don't lecture us, you have no idea of what you are talking about or maybe you have other interests I don't know and I don't need to know. Just be aware that I will be here every time you try to confuse reality with your wishes.

Carl.-

Jul 11, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCleaner
    That's your opinion the way you think it should be, the fact is that there is nothing in the FCRA or anywhere else criminalizing the dispute of information accurate or not, if you know better please direct me to that piece of legislature.

FCRA 611 lays out how the CRA is to handle cases of disputed accuracy, meaning if you dispute something as not being accurate that is how they are to handle it. Why would you dispute something that is accurate and you know to be accurate? If you know it is accurate and you dispute it saying it is inaccurate, that is wrong and could be punishable if the CRA could prove it and took the time. At any rate, it is unethical to dispute something as inaccurate when you know that it is accurate. Does that have to be written out in big, bright, bold letters?

A FA (Fraud Alert if I got the meaning right) only takes 42 cents in a stamp, the cost of the paper, envelope and about 7 days for the CRA to delete, is something voluntary not a punishment from the big brother.

I have seen people dealing with trying to have FA removed for months now. It isn't that simple.

You should dispute wahtever you want, it is not a crime is your right, then is up to the creditor to show records if they want to be paid.

I think you are confusing disputing with the CRA with asking the CA for DV.

Every CRA screw up in a different way for instance Equifax, if you have a charge off account 6 years old and the bank report the status as CO the credit score algorithm interpret it as a brand new charge off one month old killing your score, it is intentional from Equifax a way to give the banks and collector the power to unfarlly harm the credit even when it is against the intention of the law.

Every month the account goes charged off, they are well within their rights to report it as a charge off

So don't lecture us, you have no idea of what you are talking about or maybe you have other interests I don't know and I don't need to know. Just be aware that I will be here everytime you try to confuse reality with your wishes.

Carl.-
    I do know what I am talking about, when it comes to legal, ethical credit repair. I can understand why you like the CIC boards so well, anything goes over there. I guess the folks on the FICO forums have no clue. I mean why would they, they only wrote the scoring model

Jul 11, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Just to add, if you dispute a lot with the CRA, the CRA have a habit of labeling you a "frivolous disputer" and when that happens, every time you dispute, you will get a letter back saying your dispute is frivolous.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Recommending someone challenge true information is not a correct thing, And is indeed fraud, any future recommendations to do fraud will be deleted...
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Recommending someone challege true information is not a correct thing, And is indeed fraud, any future recommendations to do fraud will be deleted...
    This guy certainly has his own ideas, and his own way of doing things.

No wonder my job is so secure!
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jul 19, 2008, 08:42 AM
    All right I got what is the general tendency here, I'm not for it.

I did what in my opinion is right, you don't like it and you are the owner or at least one of the moderators of this site so I'm out of here.

I'll list your site as collectors friendly in the sites I control.

Have a good day, good bye.

Carl.-
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    This guy certainly has his own ideas, and his own way of doing things.

No wonder my job is so secure!

If you read through the other posts it's not the one and only time he's recommended fraud - I believe some of those posts have been pulled.

And he really has a burn against one specific credit card company.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCleaner
    All right I got what is the general tendency here, I'm not for it.

I did what in my opinion is right, you don,t like it and you are the owner or at least one of the moderators of this site so I'm out of here.

I'll list your site as collectors friendly in the sites I control.

Have a good day, good bye.

Carl.-

Is it possible to get a list of those sites so I never go there by mistake?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice? Thank you C

Trying to Repair My Credit [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, new to this site and trying desperately to rebuild my credit. As I was browsing, I found some pertinent information, but just looking for a little more clarification. I have a very low credit score (577 per Transunion) and several collections accounts, most are quite old, a couple are a...

Credit Repair [ 4 Answers ]

There are so many credit repair companies and web sites around. You also hear about schemes and other people fanaggling ways to get you to pay them to help you repair your credit or increase your score. How does one know who to trust? Has anyone really gotten success with any of these companies?...

Credit repair [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any truth in the so called credit repair companies. I notice the prices vary wildly, and there is a lot of disputes as to weather this works or it does not. Any suggestions on how to help my credit score and hopefully get my life back on track?

How to repair my credit [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 21 yrs old and fixing to get married I want to repair my credit of some past mistakes from being young and stupid and having some fincial hardships. I've been trying to pay off my debts and I've manged to do that with some but I can't pay off my credit card balances in full and I don't have a...

View more questions Search