Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tami1985 Posts: 17, Reputation: 5

Jun 29, 2008, 01:59 AM
    Creepy Online Relationships
    I know a lot of friends who met their boyfriends and husbands online. Aside from pedifiles, has anyone met "crazy people through the internet"?
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 29, 2008, 02:03 AM
    Not personally, but if you read the posts at this site and others, there is always someone wanting to know how to get rid of on-line stalkers.
    tami1985 Posts: 17, Reputation: 5

Jun 29, 2008, 02:18 AM
    Can mod delete this question?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tami1985
    Can mod delete this question?

I wouldn't ask that it be deleted - it's a good question, even if it has been asked before.

A friend of mine started a conversation with some guy through one of the AOL dog boards and he asked her for a photo and she wouldn't send it so he said he would send his photo first - and it was a photo of himself, naked, holding a small white dog strategically.

And he was approximately the size of Rhode Island and it was a fairly small dog. I guess this was supposed to be a big turn on for her; it wasn't.

Needless to say she ended the correspondence and I think she may have even gone off the board.

(If she reads this she is going to kill me.)
    LostInHisEyez Posts: 130, Reputation: 15

Jun 29, 2008, 02:36 PM
    I did. I was 14 at the time, and in a chatroom for 12-15 yr olds. You know, pokemon(lol) I admit I did that. I got a separate IM from a guy who was 19 GOING ON 20! I told him I was 13, and he said something along the lines of still being friends. I was trully uncomfortable, but I was freaked when he started talking about where I lived, what I looked like etc.
    I told my parents about it and they blocked him for me. But he somehow found me again and was at it with the IMing of what I looked like, if I had pictures. I had to delete my MSN, and I switched to AOL. That was four years ago, and I still remember that. O.O
    sokay Posts: 142, Reputation: 14

Jun 29, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    so he said he would send his photo first - and it was a photo of himself, naked, holding a small white dog strategically. And he was approximately the size of Rhode Island and it was a fairly small dog. I guess this was supposed to be a big turn on for her; it wasn't.
    Eww! What was he thinking? Takes all kinds, hope your friend scrubbed her eyeballs out really well!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 09:58 PM
    I had some random guy message me on Yahoo, and he told me that he was going to kill me because I wouldn't talk to him. He even told me things about me that were on my myspace that he wouldn't know unless he was a friend. It was creepy.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sokay
    Eww! What was he thinking? Takes all kinds, hope your friend scrubbed her eyeballs out really well!

Yes, she did and as she put it, "The dog was very attractive."
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jun 30, 2008, 06:39 AM
    I'v had guys add me on Facebook. One recently tried to chat me up, saying he's looking forward to talking to me. I didn't reply because I wasn't interested, but I soon find out he missed out the point that he is 20 years older than I am.

I have also had a turkish guy MSN me (to whom I didn't really respond to), then he goes on webcam and it turns out he is an old man with a "Captain Hook" wooly jumper on. I did have a few giggles about it with my friends when I copied the screen and sent them a picture of him, as I'm never serious about meeting someone online. It is ironic that the real story behind Peter Pan is that Captain Hook is a peadophile? And Disney remade the story.

But yea, I know you didn't want to know about pedo's, but I found it quite funny. Although if you were serious about meeting someone, then you could be really freaked out lol.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 07:08 AM
    My bil, meet a lady online moved her up here from about a 1000 miles away.
    Turns out she was a drunk with a gambling, spending problem.
    She put him deep in debt and left him stuck paying it all of by himself, stole 1 of his cars to leave in. It took him over 2 years to pay off the debt.
    It would have taken longer but his parents let him live in one of their apartments at a reduced rate.

Not sure if he learned his lesson, he just moved in with another lady that he meet online but he has been dating her for about 2 years now. She seems very nice. Hopefully after she has settled in she won't bring out any major crazy flaws. Hopefully he won't either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Creepy Doctor [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am a victim and am seeking answers and a possible solution. While examining me, my doctor went through my purse. I went in complaining of a sinus infection and found it odd that he would have me lay on my right side while he prodded at my back. He asked unrelated repetitive questions. ...

Creepy [ 6 Answers ]

My oldest daughter who is 20, claims she feels a but imprint on her bed at night and tugging at her blankets. She also claims to have heard caughing in her room. Then my 16 year old was babysitting a dog at her uncles house and claimed to her coughing for about 2 min until she threw a shoe at an...

So creepy [ 21 Answers ]

I have a great sex life, my only problem comes with anal sex I feel like I hurt my girlfriend I mean I am not huge but she always tells me that I hurt her, I always use condom and lube is there any way that I won't hurt her? Would it be better if I don't use a condom? Can we get AIDS if we go...

Mid-Late 80's Creepy Animated Show/Film [ 3 Answers ]

I thought I'd throw in a movie that's been budding me for well over a decade. I tried searching for it for no avail and I found an decent description from some other poor soul that can't remember the name either. Please help me from going insane by telling me the title. All I remember is that one...

View more questions Search