Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sisisimon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 11:47 PM
    Too much water?
    Is there anything wrong with drinking too much water? When I start drinking water I feel like I need to keep drinking it.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 12:30 AM
    It is possible to drink so much water that it can make you ill. If you are active and doing a lot of sweating, your body needs more water. Are you drinking it to quench thirst or to satisfy an oral need?
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 29, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Too much water can even kill you as a woman died a few years ago in a water drinking contest sponsored by a radio station. However, when I worked construction during the summer in Las Vegas, I would drink at least a gallon of water and other beverages before lunch every day. I have been told that when you are thirsty you are already dehydrated. I would think that if the water intake is causing you discomfort it might be too much. Adding salt keeps water retained. You might consider this. Again, my experience has been personal and might not work for you. Sometimes I could quench my thirst by drinking something else also. A single beer, tea, diluted citrus juice or sports drink. With the water, this worked pretty good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Daylight basement water leak, cause by broken water pipe or saturated ground water? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 units 3 stories with daylight basement apartment. Build in 1960. Just bought it few months ago. Last year the previous owner had a bad flood in the daylight basement after long period of rain. They cleaned out the area, remodel it. Good for few months, last couple of weeks rain long...

When I turn on the cold water I get hot water.really hot water [ 1 Answers ]

We constantly just get hot water when we turn on the cold water. If you just turn the could knob it starts warm and gets REALLY hot. The more you run the hotter it gets. Could someone have played with a knob at the hot water heater or on a pipe? This is REALLY bad in the shower/ tub!!

View more questions Search