Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tirrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 08:47 PM
    Replacing a Honeywell T8575D2003 with a Honeywell RTH8500. Having trouble with wires
    I'm replacing a Honeywell T8575D2003 with a Honeywell RTH8500. Didn't think there would be issues, manuals are all straight forward. However when I removed the T8575, the wiring set up did not match what the RTH8500 was expecting.

The T8575 has 8 wires connected as follows

< 1 50/60hz White
    24v < 2 Com Green
    3 Heat Yellow
    4 Cool Orange
    5 Sw/Op
    < 6 Com Brown
    Fan < 7 Low Red
    < 8 Med Blue
    < 9 High Black

How does these wires match up to the contacts on the RTH8500? The RTH8500 uses the NEMA thermostat wiring guidelines TStatWiring

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 11:34 PM
    In many cases the original installers did not follow the standard wiring code. You might end up tracing all the wires back to where they go on the unit,see what color does what, and wiring accordingly.

This could save you from having short circuits and damage to the syatem or new thermostat.

The old one is a fan coil stat.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli.../95c-10897.pdf

The new one is not but could probably made to work.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli.../69-1902EF.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Instalating Honeywell rth8500 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: I have a Carrier. My system is a heat pump. In the paper it say it use two stage thermostat. Does this mean that my heat pump unit is a two stage heat pump? I called Honeywell and the told me to select the unit as a " multistage heat pump with backup or external electric heater. I...

Replacing Honeywell T4039M with a Honeywell RTH6300B [ 1 Answers ]

We only have wire colors on the old thermostat and can not match up the letters with the new thermostat (Honeywell RTH6300B)

Replacing Weathertron thermostat with Honeywell RTH8500 [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone confirm that I am wiring my new Honeywell RTH8500 thermostat the right way. I am replacing a Weathertron Baystat240. RTH Connection Label Wire Color RC Jumper R (R)Red O/B ...

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

Matching wires on new honeywell thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My old thermostat was janitrol HPT 18-60 and wires were: Y (yellow) G (orange) R (Red) O (orange) W2 (white) E (Black) C (Blue) I just bought a Honeywell #RTH6300B. Their wires are: G,W,Y, R,RC. How can I match them up? Do I need the "O" on the old one? We are only getting hot air now by...

View more questions Search