Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcusmagice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Sales Contract
    I recently entered into a Sales Contract a man approached me and wanted to buy my home. The man gave me a sales contract I signed it and a copy of an Earnest Deposit Check uncashed or deposited. I recently contacted the Title Insurance Company that he said he was using and the Title Company told me that there was no record of me in their database. I became really nervous about the contract I signed and subsequently asked some friends about it. One informed me that because the Earnest Money was not received by me and that all he gave me was a copy of a check, that he'd pulled a fast one on me. I decided to talk to another buddy of mine and he told me he could sell the home for a much higher price than what the man was asking. I want to know what legal obligation do I have to fulfill the contract? Given that it's been 10 days since I signed the contract and he's not given me nor a Title Company anything. I though Earnest Money meant just that an earnest deposit or honest showing that one was interested in the property.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 05:02 PM
    You what?

You took a copy of a check? Call the police fast,

You may well have signed that you received the depost money and when you back out of the sale may well owe this person back all of that money you never got.

And you signed a contract without having a real estate broker or an attorney reviewing it??

Get an attorney fast, call the police

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upon death of a seller in a real estate contract, how to get a buyer out of contract [ 23 Answers ]

In the state of Missouri, a seller in the middle of a sales contract died. The closing time is not yet lapsed and all the contingencies on the buyer side is fulfilled. There is will in place and an executor named for the estate already. The son (named executor) can not legally sign for the deceased...

Buyer attempting to breach sales contract due to cosmetic problems. [ 3 Answers ]

I am selling my current home. I accepted an offer from a buyer entering into a contract. Afterwards, the buyer came into the house with their home inspector. They found simple drywall cracks at various places in the house. They are requesting their earnest money back because of unsatisfactory...

Sales contract and inspection period issue [ 13 Answers ]

Hi all. My wife and I entered into a sales contract with a seller of a home in Kansas. Within the set 10 day inspection period we had an inspector come and do a full home inspection. There were numerous unacceptable conditions with the property that we weren't comfortable with so we signed and...

High Pressure Sales with Private Sales Clubs [ 4 Answers ]

To Whom: Is it legal in the state of Rhode Island/Connecticut for a private sales club (Direct Buy) to force a prospective member to join immediately after a forced one hour sales pitch? Direct Buy instructs their prospective customers that if they don't apply for membership immediately they...

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

View more questions Search