Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddurham Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 12:08 PM
    # of Tons for Tempstar 5000 model # CA5530UKA1
    How many tons is a Tempstar High efficiency 5000 model # CA5530UKA1 I am looking to replace with out replacing the tower inside the house, Just the outside unit?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 12:35 PM
    2.5 Ton. If you are replacing with the same 2.5 T and the coil is not leaking you'll be fine. May want to clean the inside coil when replacing though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tempstar High Efficiency 5000 What are # of tons replacement recommendations [ 1 Answers ]

I have a "Tempstar High Efficiency 5000" outdoor air conditioner with a tower in the attic, this is a 1993 model that has had a number of service issues. I am planning on replacing the unit Question 1: How many Tons is this unit I can not tell by reading info on the back? I have tried to...

Tempstar furnace 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a red tube very flexible and high heat resistant which is not available anywhere in my New York (rockland county) area. This tube allows the regulation of the thermostat efficiency.

Tempstar 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Tempstar 5000 A/C unit and would like to know the condenser size It's model # is ca5536uka1 so should I assume it is a 3 ton unit? Thanks Erik

Tempstar 5000 [ 3 Answers ]

I have changed the coil because it looks like it had a spark or got hot because there was black soot on the power terminals so I replaced it but it still doesn't work. When you turn it on there is a small hum the magnets are not being pulled in, when you push them in humming gets louder from the...

View more questions Search