Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lulu1000 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2006, 05:13 PM
    Marqui's "Future Like Ours" Claim
    Hi,

Can someone assist me with gathering points for an essay pertaining to Marqui's Future like ours claim.

I know what his claim his, but he identifies the fetus as having a future like OURS... What does OURS represent, he then further continues to say it is analgous to a standard human adult but again what is a standard human adult. He fails to identify this in his argument.

Thanks
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2006, 05:46 PM
    This:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/ethics...o_future.shtml

Might help..

Mar 21, 2006, 05:49 PM
    Thanks, I saw this link already. The problem is it states the facts, the claims etc... but the problem I am having is getting infor for the problem with the word OUR.
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2006, 05:50 PM
    I have not studied this or anything but it would appear to me that "OURS" is pertaining to anyone who has experienced birth. THAT is the future that abortioned babies have had taken from them.

"Standard human adult" could simply be an adult human. Judging by his argument, I wouldn't assume that he is referring to any type of adult human, other than the ones that were given the chance to make it that far in life.

Mar 21, 2006, 05:59 PM
    Ok, thanks for your help :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2006, 06:01 PM
    Sorry I couldn't help more... surely more will see this thread and give their input. Be sure to check back tomorrow :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

Friend wants his "future" girlfriend think I like her [ 11 Answers ]

Hello people. I am here for some advice from your experieces. Here is my story: It started one day when he noticed this "hot" girl at school. He started doing what every other guy would do. Have fantasies, drool, and stare at her. It got really annoying because he would pay attention to me. I...

View more questions Search